(23)

Lexa opens the door with a smile that quickly fades as she sees Abby standing right in front of her.

There relationship is still a rocky one but they can maintain it if they can respect the space between them.

"Maid is still at the daycare and Clarke isn't here."

"I'm aware. I came to see you."

An awkward moment goes by before  Lexa decides to step aside and let her in. After all she is her girlfriends mother, what can go wrong?

Well a lot can go off the roof. 

"Can I get you something to drink?" She asked from behind while Abby scanned the room.

"You place is....impressive. " she turns to Lexa who is just starring back. "Uh, I'll have a glass of water please."

With a curt nod, Lexa leaves the room. See, this isn't awkward.

Silence... That's how the room felt. 

"Sooo...how's it going with Madi?" Her decision to small talk was weak but Lexa played along.

"Madi is happy, that's the important thing."

"I was told you're back for good..."

She's cut off..

"Is this an interrogation?" Her face gave nothing away. Sitting here like nothing was wrong was affecting her slowly. 

Abby has always been against her relationship with her daughter. Taking Finn's side some fool.

"Fine. I have wondered what she sees in you. Your relationship was dangerous, Clarke could have lost everything however she did lose you, when you left her, pregnant."

"I didn't leave her, either way I still had to go to school." 

Was she here to guilt trip her?

"Yet a single phone call was expensive."

Now she's digging. She should never have opened the door.

"I called."

"Only after Madi was born."

Lexa stands on her feet angry. The woman does the same.

"And even then you restricted yourself to talking about the child. What about Clarke huh, didn't you wanna know how she was doing with the distance and all. You left her in the dark. And now, you have your head back. What happens when things get tough? Will you run?"

"Not true!" Lexa yells. Blows out air to control her breathing. "I love her, I don't want to get to that place again."

"Then don't drag her to it. Lexa you need to let go of your past. Listening to you on that table broke my heart has a mother. No child should ever go through what you went through but you need to let it go."

"Stop talking...you know nothing." Her voice was chopped combined with the heavy breathing.

"No? What happens if Madi is unwell and you're reminded what the Hospital took from you." Abby moves closer to the girl whom her daughter loves. "Running is not only physical, sometimes we run away emotionally and mentally. Lexa the past will keep pulling you down if you don't let go. . that night it was clear you allowed your fears to win, sending you back to the past."

"Now you're a therapist? You no nothing that happened that night. Why are you here? To see me lose it so that Finn can be with her, is that it?

"Finn, I'm not going to lie, i thought Clarke was going to use you. And you being Diyoza's child made me want to help you out. She does not have the best record but I know now that you are not one of her hunt trip. She loves you and I respect that." She locks her eyes with the girl. "But I also want to protect her, so tell me Lexa. Do you want to be with my daughter"

"Of course." She quickly replied.

"Then work hard. Relationship are much more, however communication is one bitch that can rip a couple apart."

As much as she didn't feel that comfortable with Abby. The woman was right. Her attitude towards her blue-eyed bird as to be the worst and even if she apologized to the blonde, maybe its not enough. Maybe Clarke is waiting for her to fail and go back to that fluffy Dude. And who can blame her right? His a hardworking man, handsome and his charming, if only the two women could see what an arrogant selfish dick he is.

After many moments of standing around, she takes a seat with Abby by her side.

***

She knocks at the door twice before Josephine opens it. Only a rob covers her body, that much is clear. 

"Clarke " she  stands there staring.

"Uh, Lexa?"

"Oh right." Steps aside and closes the door behind them. "She's  in Madi's room."

"What's taking you so long?" Anya pops up on top of the staircase in what can be said as her bra and matching panties.

This house...

She does not shy away when her eyes land on Clarke. Obviously, because there all girls. 

"Miss Griffin, lovely to see you." When will she drop the Miss.

Clarke smiles at her as she claims the stairs with Josephine who is talking non stop. Wait a sac, are the two a thing?

She almost forgot about Raven who is waiting outside. Hopefully the woman stays there. After all she's here to pick up Madi, shouldn't take long.

"Clarke! I got hungry waiting." Raven shouts from downstairs. Maybe she spoke too soon.

Three pairs of eyes stare back at her. The first one to speak is Josephine who heads back down. Anya let's out a grant before heading to her room.

"Well well well, are you her sister?" Josephine asks.

"Who's asking?" Raven responds, not rude just silly.

"I like you." She turns to head to the kitchen. "Lucky you I made a fucking meal to fuck anyone up."

"Sounds yummy." Raven follows the girl.

***

"The little Pig jumped up in excitement. Papa pig said, no jumping..."

"No humping.." Madi let's out. Lexa laughs a little.

"Yeah..."

"Mommy!" The small girl gets off the floor and runs to Clarke.

"Wow, you got big." Her eyes fall on Lexa who puts the book in Madi's bag and walks up to Clarke kissing her soundly. 

"I missed you." Lexa says with no hint of a smile.

Something is off about her but Clarke does not want to poke the Bear. So she ignores it, maybe its all in her head.

"I missed you more, are you ready for tonight."

"I'm scared " something tells her Lexa is not talking about her show. "I got you VIP passes if you want to come."

"Mommy look.." Madi points at Lexa's new tattoo. Its above her wrist, a bird cage, opened with birds flying out.

"I would love to go, I see its new." Her fingers traces the outline and she pulls her in for another kiss  "Raven would want to go too."

"Let me get them, meet you downstairs." Lexa leaves the room, ignoring the tattoo comment.

"Are you ready to go?" She asks Madi.

"Uh huh."

Her phone rings. Its Finn. She turns around to face the door while cutting the call. His being calling her since morning non stop.

A buzz sound alerting a text fills the room.

FINN: 4:02pm

i want to see you today or I will send your pretty girlfriend our sex tape. Let's see how she'll feel knowing that while she was away, you were busy.