Do This For Me?

"You have to do this. For me, come on." I said.

"Cat..."

"Stop that. Stop guilt tripping me. Yes, I know we didn't end things on a good note, but I'm desperate. Even Red agrees, this is the only option. Elle's been getting on my case more and more lately, she can tell I'm dating someone. It's taking her a while to figure out who, though, and I don't want her to find out for a while." I said.

"What exactly are you asking me to do anyway? I'm still confused." Ethan said.

What I was asking Ethan to do was pretend he was dating me. Again. The point was to trick Elle into thinking I was dating someone so she wouldn't get on my case and bug me as much anymore. And more importantly, tricking my mom into thinking I was straight. I knew I had to come out to the rest of my family eventually, but I wanted to keep it secret until I was a legal adult.

When I knew Elle wouldn't, and legally couldn't, throw me back in the foster system.

"I'm asking you to help me trick my mom into thinking I'm straight and dating a boy." I said. "So just pretend you're dating me!"

"Cat, are you sure your family is gonna believe you? I mean, if I was your mom, I wouldn't believe that my kid got back together with the ex-boyfriend that cheated on her three years ago." Ethan said. I rolled my eyes and responded with, "My mom knows I'm dating someone. Or, thinks she knows. She just has no clue who and I want to trick her into thinking I'm straight. That way, if Jess spills the beans or something, I'll get home free because I'll be dating a boy."

"Wait, Jess knows?" Ethan silently squealed.

"Not my point, Ethan Connors!" I screamed. "Anyway, Ethan. Come on."

"Fine." Ethan said. "But only because you're one of my best friends and I don't want to see you get kicked out of your house."

I stopped short. Then I quietly said, "You really think Elle would do that to me?"

"No! Cat, that isn't what I meant! Whatever. Just...pretend you're straight." Ethan said. Even though it was slightly awkward, I took Ethan's hand and made my way to the living room.

I heard Elle silently squeal and I rolled my eyes.

"Does this mean what I think it means?" Elle asked hopefully. Putting the pieces together, I nodded. "Yeah, um...Mom...you obviously know Ethan..."

"Are you two dating again?" Elle squealed. I nodded, lying straight through my teeth, and then Elle pulled out her phone and started typing frantically.

"Is she telling the rest of your family?" Ethan whispered to me. I nodded slowly, wondering how Jessica would react when she found out.

Speak of the devil, my phone vibrated.

Jessica: Explain the text I just got from your mom.
Cat: it's a very long story. I'll explain later. If I tell you now, I'm gonna spill the beans to my mom.

Jessica didn't respond after that, which tells me she either gave up or figured out what was going on. I sighed and tucked my phone back in my pocket.

"So...they're all freaking out and they're wondering if Ethan is gonna cheat on you again, Sunshine." Elle said. I laughed and shook my head.

"That gives me an idea." Ethan said, pulling me aside.

"What?"

"What if I 'cheat on you?' And that's how we break up. Right before you plan to come out. Then you can tell your mom and the others the whole story." Ethan said. To be honest, that was a good idea. I nodded slyly as Elle silently squealed for like the fifth time today. 

"Hey lovebirds! You two want popcorn?" Elle asked. I stared at my 'boyfriend' and then nodded.

When will I tell Elle I'm not actually dating Ethan?

AN: I got mixed reactions about this plan when I told people. But I'm happy about what I did nevertheless. Hope you enjoyed and catch ya later! Love you all!