31

"Tell me every terrible thing you ever did, and let me love you anyway

"Tell me every terrible thing you ever did, and let me love you anyway."

Legs tangled underneath the sheets, hands wrapped around each other's waist and torso was exactly how Alexie wanted to wake up every day. She felt happy, safe and protected in Tom's arms. But she knew what she had to do and she knew what the risks were - she couldn't get used to the feeling of it. She couldn't let herself.

Alexie gently grabbed the sheets and pulled them away, allowing herself to slip out from underneath them. Luckily for her, Tom wasn't holding onto her tightly so she easily slipped out of his grasp. Once her feet touched the floor of his room, she instantly regretted even getting up and felt the need to slip right back into his comfortable embrace. She held back, knowing better than to follow her firsts instincts at this point. Alexie had to be smart, and that meant not to follow her heart. She grabbed one of Tom's t-shirt and slipped it on as well as a pair of shorts she owned before silently leaving the bedroom.

She tiptoed down the stairs, very well aware of the silence surrounding her. Alexie knew it was still quite early, explaining why everyone was still asleep - but she supposed that made it the perfect timing for what she had to do. The woman grabbed a pen and paper, sat down at the table and started writing everything that came to her mind.

It took her a while to get it all out, maybe an hour, but as soon as she finished - she had to hurry. Alexie headed back upstairs, getting dressed properly before packing a bag full of clothes, her phone and other necessities she knew she would eventually need. With her hand on Tom's bedroom's doorknob, she glanced back at the boy. She cursed herself mentally for what she was doing. Being with him felt right and safe, yet she was once again denying herself of those feelings.

But she knew it had to be done - for his sake.

And so she left. A note sat on the table for him, explaining what she had done. Alexie knew it would be hours before he even found it but it was for the better, she needed some time to get her plan in place. The girl walked for about half an hour before she knew it was safe to call a taxi without risking the secrecy of the cabin. She gave John's address to the taxi driver and let him drive her there in silence. Alexie had stolen the address one night from Tom's office, guessing it might come in handy one day. And boy did she hope she was wrong.

Quite a while later, they were finally in front of John's gates. She thanked the driver, paying him before watching drive off. As her heartbeat beat faster and faster, she took a deep breath before reaching out with her shaking hands to the intercom. Alexie called, announcing herself to whoever answered before the gates opened up. She watched them opening agonizingly slow and before she could even step foot inside, a man grabbed her by the throat and pulled a knife to her face.

"You scream or try anything, you're dead." He whispered in her ear, "And I'll deliver your dead body to Holland, got it?" He threatened, but she knew it was an empty threat because for one, they had no idea where Tom was, two, there was no way John would let anyone kill her before knowing what she came here for.