29

"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours

"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours."

The cool breeze made goosebumps appear on her skin as she sipped on her hot chocolate. She had been sitting outside for quite a while now, simply gazing at the stars and daydreaming about what the future may bring. Alexie and Penelope had been making up scenarios about things they wanted to do once it was all over and both of them could definitely admit that they were excited. Harrison seemed happier as well, loving the fact that the two girls were so excited and ready for the next chapter.

But he was a little suspicious of Tom. He knew passing over the mob to Sinclair wasn't as easy as it sounded, but he thought Tom took a little too much time. Harrison refrained from sharing his worries to the girls, wanting to leave them in their happy bubble. It had been almost five days since the deal and Tom was working for hours on end. Harrison would've thought his best friend wasn't getting any sleep if Alexie had not confirmed that he did in fact come to bed every night. Tom had to tie up loose ends, connecting his deals to John's mob and all - but it wasn't supposed to take up so much time.

Harrison knew Tom always had a second plan, but that didn't mean he wasn't worried.

Harrison watched Alexie from the kitchen window, noticing how much happier and lighter she seemed since the day they came back. It was like she finally found some peace of mind, thinking that she was finally safe and that it was all coming to an end soon. He didn't want to burst her bubble and he truly hoped that Tom's plan wouldn't either.

He was brought back to reality by a pair of thin arms wrapping around his waist and a chest pushed flushed against his back. He put his hands on the woman's arms which he instantly recognized. "Hi," She whispered, glancing outside to find what he was looking at. "She deserves the peace of mind."

"She does." Harrison agreed, swinging lightly from side to side with his wife's arms still wrapped around him. The woman instantly noticed something was wrong, he seemed off.

"What's up?" She turned him around, her arms still wrapped around him as she looked up to him. His arms wrapped themselves around her shoulders lovingly.

"I feel like something's up with Tom. It shouldn't take so long to make everything happen. Tom doesn't have that many things to manage." Harrison spoke, his hands subconsciously rubbing his wife's arms up and down. She took comfort in his actions because his words worried her. He didn't want that, but he had to share his worries with someone at some point. He had been suspicious of Tom's plan for days now.

"What do you think he's planning?" Penelope asked, instantly knowing that Harrison meant Tom had another plan in mind than the one he spoke out loud. She knew him too.

"I'm not sure. But I really hope it goes alright." Harrison whispered, bringing his wife closer for a hug. She sighed against his chest, tightening her grip on him.