30

"Loving him is a sin; of that I am aware

"Loving him is a sin; of that I am aware. But a sinner I am." Bella Jewel

Alexie slid open the glass door, stepping out into the surprisingly warm air. She shut the door behind her, keeping the cool temperature from the air conditioner inside. She strutted over to Penelope who was sat outside with a colouring book and a case full of coloured pencils. Alexie smiled at her as she sat next to her on the outside couch.

"I feel like we're in the Walking Dead, just waiting for walkers to come over and kill us." She sighed loudly, looking up at the bright blue sky. Penelope laughed at Alexie's dramatic comment, even though she somewhat agreed with the girl's words.

"Yeah, except if we get killed it's from mobsters- not walkers." She retorted and Alexie raised her eyebrows in agreement, a small smile on her lips.

"A week ago Tom said things were going to start happening, and well-" Alexie looked around her, lips pursed with her arms raised up in the air, "I don't see much happening. It's been too calm, I'm getting anxious."

"I feel the same. I don't get how they're so calm and collected, this is all just very scary to me." Penelope truthfully told Alexie, who completely agreed with that statement. Both Tom and Harrison had been extremely calm and patient with whatever was supposed to happen soon. Tom - they understood, because he knew what was going to happen and he had a plan to push through. But Harrison - they had no idea how he kept this act up because there was no way he wasn't slightly nervous about Tom's mysterious plan.

Penelope had previously confided in Alexie the excitement she felt about getting back to a normal life. Just like both men, she had transitioned into this life, she hadn't been born into it - unlike Alexie who didn't know better. Penelope had shared about the pleasure of life, like diner with friends, picnics outside, walks on the beach, working in a place you love, all kind of things. Alexie was excited to get to know all that. She had been ripped from those simple things for far too long.

They stayed outside for a few hours, just waiting for something- anything- to happen. When they went back inside they were greeted by Harrison just watching Tom pace around the living room, mumbling incoherent words under his breath. Both women sat besides Harrison, waiting for an explanation.

"Tom," Harrison spoke up, his tone harsh and his expression hard as he brought Tom back to reality. Tom stopped pacing around and glanced around. He hadn't noticed the entrance of Penelope and Alexie and was surprised to see them there. He suddenly got a little nervous. His plan wasn't really going accordingly and he wasn't sure if Harrison had said anything. As if he could read his thoughts, his best friend shook his head.

"Okay, listen." Tom started, sitting on the coffee table in front of them. He held his face between his hands as he sighed heavily, preparing himself for what he was about to say. "I couldn't hand over the mob to John, you both know that." He started slowly, taking his sweet time to reveal whatever was going on. Both women nodded at his statement, they were well aware a man like John would never do any good with all of the power two mobs could give him.