28. Heir To It All

(New and edited)
CHAPTER 28: Heir To It All

I hitch a breath, staring up at him. I read about him, I read the tales that should show his age and yet he was alive, and an Elder. In fact, he's been at Elias' side all along, "I should've known," He mutters, glaring at me if anything else. He rips me off the grass and pulls me past the scarred tree. His hard glare is directed straight ahead of me, "You will tarnish this entire operation with your lack of skills and reckless behaviour." He grumbles, roughly pulling me towards a tunnelled area. My back connects with a brick wall, yet it's touch wasn't as ice cold as his.

I stare up at him, struck, "You're alive." I whisper.

He gives me a blank stare, "Congratulations, you're in my presence, child. Keep moving." He says to me.

"I'm not going back in there!" I spit at him, pulling away from his tight hold. I expected some grand shock, the second our fingers touched before, it was much like Elias' first touch on my skin, it tingled. Though that could have been the ice he could form. His hood was down, I never believed he'd be amongst Elias' followers. I never even thought the legend wasn't just that, a non-existent, dead hero of so many centuries ago in a world even more as beautiful and ethereal than this one.

"You will, child. We have a great deal of plans in motion and they require you being a submissive bitch to the lycanthrope until we deal with him the same way I have dealt with any others. Do you think you can pull your hunched, self-pretentious head out from your lanky shoulders and show the lycanthrope you have something other than complaints." He snaps, shoving me towards a door, it opens, revealing Elias, who stills as he looks at us.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks him, reaching for me, I slap his hand away.

"I've come across one arsehole after another. I might have to rule off everyone and call upon a bloody human and give him a surprise of his bloody life." I growl, shoving into Elias' shoulder, his confusion levels the cold air and I climb up the stairs. The first encounter with an elemental that wasn't Elias and turned out to be a legend in the old world, he's a narcissistic bastard too. My chances are just ridiculous. Then again, if I came across a guy who was soft and caring, I'd be suspicious of ulterior motives.

I pause to look in the corner of my eye, blue eyes pierce mine, pinning me to cold silence, to not say a word as Elias moves in to step forward. The hood covers those blue eyes and he flows into the darkness, Elias levels up the steps, "Why did he reveal himself to you?" He still didn't know of my powers.

I just stare at him, "Because you're more useless than he is." I mutter, about to turn away and stilling in horror when he dissolved and zaps right up in front of me, he folds his burly arms. I still find it hard to understand his change of age, and physical attributes in his timespan, there was something not right with him, and if I've learned anything, it's to not trust a single male in my life. Even Kade.

"I asked you a question." He stares me down.

I just give him a bored look, "And until I get answers from you, you won't be getting a thing from me." I step around him when he refuses to move, scenting Martin close by, Elias clenches his jaw and moves up the steps past the Lycanthrope who raises an eyebrow at me.

"How is it that each time I come across the both of you, I'm missing out on some cute secret?" Martin asks me, pocketing his hands while I use the opportunity to attempt to read him, whether it was worth it or not, I study him. Nothing but static noise.

He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me forward, "You should be resting, we have quite the journey to make tomorrow." He murmurs, running his fingers in a circular motion along my hip.