06. The Caged Queen

(New and edited)
CHAPTER 6: The Caged Queen

Safe to say the yapping bulldog wasn't happy. I still needed to head back to the library, only with his iron grip on my arm. It was becoming difficult, I have research to do, considering I'm stuck here, and you claim I have freedom here, so why are you being a controlling swine?"

He gives me a side glare, "You are clearly against those I am in alliance with, or was the scent of heightened hatred for the Darkling clan something else entirely? Unless you have a mutual hatred with alliance to your pathetic council?" He wonders.

I stare at him, "You're threatened by the council, why?"

"I am not threatened by anyone." He snaps at me.

I look at him closely, "Then why are you so angry about it? So tense at the auditorium, I studied your kin before I was forced to kneel before you while you give me this pathetic tattoo. You have me locked here because you want a falsified bond, are you so out of your mind that your wolf now believes I'm your greatest match?" I ridicule him, the situation too.

He grabs me by the arm, "Do not make me do something we will both regret." He orders.

I growl low under my breath, "Let the hell go of me." I order.

He narrows his eyes, "I fucking warned you." He spits, shoving me towards the corner of the room, I yelp in horror when bars slam shut behind me in a cage, a cage he had in his room. One I couldn't even stand in as he squats down, "You need to learn to behave. You want to act like an animal, you will be treated like one." He growls at me, pointing at me in a manner of rough lethality. It's dark and it swirls in his eyes like a feral werewolf lost to the confusions of the woods, or the miles of mountains that can make one lose number, or even coordination.

I smelt it, the bars were laced with silver, a doggy bed in the middle, "Let me out." I say slowly, my heart slowing, he wouldn't leave me here in this cage. I swear he wouldn't, I've never heard of an alpha male ever doing something like this. I watch him leave after packing a bag of clothes, a laptop, the first one I'd seen.

"You can starve until I have forgiven you for outrageous behaviour." He mutters, slamming the door closed behind him. I stare at the door, hearing it click shut with a dark, cold, resonating lock. My eyes flicker while I stare thickly at the two door handles. Sitting in the middle of the cage, I stare at each of the sides like a puzzle, my heart racing when I feel the suffocating air of it brushing my lungs, filling me like a cancer. I gasp for breath, for fresh air, feeling every part of me lose focus when I reach for the bars and mindlessly touch it.

Trouble in paradise?

I close my eyes, "Who's there? Who's...there?"

Not a who, more of a what, dearie. Your aura contracted a very intriguing eye, I had to follow it. But now knowing your blood, I'm afraid I want more to kill you than to watch you breathe any longer, but your heart is fascinatingly different to my enemy's.

"What...are...you?" I squeeze the bar that should be burning against my skin. It should be rippling and blistering each layer, but instead I felt it burn, I smelt it as it flowed through my nostrils.

"Answer me."

I'm afraid my time has run out, I've decided your death at the moment is not written in your book, as of yet. The first one found you, and is trying to hide you, Celestine. Why don't you go find the two others connected to your soul, be one of very few who get to choose their real mate.

By the time the first few words left the invisible creature's lips, I fell to the metal floor in sharp agony, too sharp to fully comprehend what I was told, what creature I spoke to. I try to lick my dried lips, only it doesn't work, I try to move, it won't work.