𝔢𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢!

✧・゚: 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔰𝔨𝔢𝔶!

Sipping her whiskey through a straw managed to leave a sickening taste in Nadia's mouth. Except it wasn't her drink that made her feel all gross on the inside. It was her surroundings that were messing with her head. Coming back to The Whisky brought back plenty of traumatic memories and an emotion Nadia completely forgot about. It was a feeling that she hadn't felt since working at the very place that started her hatred towards herself and working at the bar only brought out the worst in Nadia. As she sat at a table, tracing her finger around the circular rim of the glass, Nadia was reminded that this place made her days even worse than they already were and ruined her days insanely fast if she was having a good day.

But those days in which Nadia was actually feeling like a ray of sunshine or a breath of fresh air, those days were actually rarer than any gem. Of course, nowadays, Nadia had more to look forward to than any other time in her life she could think back to. Even when she was a little kid back in Brooklyn, Nadia was still unsure of what life would bring her. Sometimes she found herself envying the kids who already had it all planned out and always felt like some freak for having her head be in the clouds all the time. Sure Nadia was having her fun while she wasn't burdened by teenage responsibilities like getting a part-time job and keeping up her grades so she wouldn't have to go to summer school, but even as a child, the girl felt like she was just going with the motions instead of actually being there and choosing a path in life for herself.

Those feelings only multiplied when she moved to California and got hired to work in an establishment that served rowdy, drunk people who made Nadia feel like shit. Not only that but Nadia came face to face with the fact that she was working in a bar and would continue to work in the bar for as long as she lived. The brunette stayed hopeful, but having no college degree could only take her so far. In fact, Nadia often wondered what it would be like to move to Venus and just start a new society in which she was the leader and no one would feel like some sorrowful outcast. Her mother's stories always made the planet sound so amazing and better than what she had on Earth even if Venus was just a molten hot floating rock close to the sun. Nadia figured she'd be better off suffocating on an extremely uninhabitable planet than actually residing on Earth and having to deal with the complications of life.

As morbid as Nadia's thoughts were a few years back, nobody could really blame the poor girl. She pretty much had nothing and at that point in her life, Nadia found it easy to conjure up dark thoughts about what came after death and if it would be as sweet as she thought. There was this ongoing war within Nadia's mind which went back and forth about whether or not death was better than living. But, Nadia had less and less time to think like that when a hotshot bassist walked into her life and took it upon himself to try and charm the pants off Nadia. The girl never did take the bait for Nikki's advances, but she did enjoy his company regardless.