𝔱𝔴𝔬!

✧・゚: 𝔤𝔯𝔬𝔰𝔰 𝔪𝔢𝔫 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔫𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔲𝔶𝔰!

1983

Nadia Naderi was hard at work with wiping down the surface of the wooden bar. The girl had her flowing brown hair pulled up into a ponytail for her overnight, six-hour shift—which she wasn't even halfway done with. Nadia's soft mattress was calling her name and she wanted nothing more than a hot bath with vanilla scented candles surrounding her so they could melt away her problems. Her slim fingers had this continuous stabbing pain within them as she harshly gripped her rag and moved it across the bar where some drunk man had spilled his drink.

Some nights—like tonight—Nadia truly thought about what it meant to be a female bartender picking up after disgusting drunken slobs who would give their souls to the Devil just to touch her body in a demeaning manner. The girl knew that she was just the revamped archetype of a 50s housewife. She was living in a man's world after all and now she was reaping the consequences. Nadia just loathed knowing that she would most likely have early onset arthritis as a result of these fools.

Nadia was mad at herself for the most part though. She was the one who chose this future for herself when she said goodbye to medical school. All of her parent's money down the drain just because Nadia decided to be a bitch and tell her mommy dearest that medical school wasn't meant for her. That she wanted a future brighter than cutting people open and performing emergency heart transplants. And now, Nadia Naderi was nothing more than a sorrowful barmaid who barely made enough to cover rent for her apartment in the middle of Los Angeles. The brunette lost everything, including her dad's support, right after dropping out of college. Sure, her mom called occasionally just to see how Nadia was doing, but her dad being the traditional man he was, didn't accept Nadia's occupation. When he decided to give his future children a good life in America, this isn't how he wanted to be repaid by his own daughter.

Whilst Nadia continued to begrudgingly scrub the beer stains off the bar, a sharp wolf whistle entered her keen ears. Not long after that, came a repulsive comment about her body. About how her ass looked so great in the jeans she was wearing. About how one man would've liked to bend her over the bar and have his way with the poor girl. Misogyny and toxic masculinity ran deep within the Whisky a Go Go. Nadia was there to hear all the dirty details from men and even have some nasty things said about her.

The feisty brunette picked her head up and hurriedly tried to find the source of the whistle which was directed at her. Once her sharp, dark brown orbs cast upon the greasy middle-aged man and his cronies who were hyping him up, Nadia stuck her middle finger straight at them—more so at the disgusting pig who dared make vile comments about her body. The laughter of the men ceased when their eyes met Nadia's threatening ones. Rightfully so. The girl was a force to be reckoned with and she would use her pocket knife—which was always tucked into the waistband of her pants—if it ever came down to it.