𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵!

✧・゚: 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔫𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔦'𝔰 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔩𝔬𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔰!

Nadia signaled a nearby waiter with her hand to bring her another mimosa and as she did, the girl hoped that the minimal alcohol in the drink would be enough for her to get tipsy enough and make her forget about all the truly mortifying memories her mother had brought up in conversation whilst she was talking with Vince. The brunette was still having to occasionally pinch herself just to make sure that her mom and brother were actually sitting at the table in the seats in front of her.

Not even the light, affectionate pats Vince landed on Nadia's were enough to make her relax. Clearly, the girl had no problem with her dearest mother and brother—well, maybe she did have a problem with Omar sometimes, but usually, they were all fine. Anyways, Nadia was so over the moon to have her remaining family visit the West Coast for the first time, but what Nadia wasn't a fan of was the fact that her mom was undoubtedly pulling all the stops to embarrass her. Yasmine Naderi's plans didn't include making her daughter want to turn into a puddle and melt into her seat. Never in a million years would that be her goal.

The older woman was merely trying to reminisce about how adorable her little girl was when she was, well, a little girl. And so, now Nadia was recovering from the humiliation she felt when her mom told Vince about the time Nadia's tenth-grade self wrote a personalized love letter to the Roger Taylor. The sad truth about that story was that Nadia sprayed half a bottle of perfume onto the note which consisted of messy, smudged handwriting—considering she wrote it on the subway on the way home from school—and a boatload of small, displeasing hearts at the bottom of the page.

An even more depressing revelation was that Nadia would take with her to the grave was that she still had the letter, but even if she had the opportunity to give it to the drummer of Queen, Nadia wouldn't take it. The letter was something that couldn't be seen by anyone, especially not the man who it was centered around. The girl bitterly sucked on her teeth, looking straight ahead of her and having her eyes meet with Omar's who was visibly smiling because of Nadia's internalized pain. She didn't even have the energy to give him some type of intimidating look. Rather than continuing to have a staring contest with her bother, Nadia's gaze shifted to the nearby view of the ocean which was visible from the restaurant's patio area. The brunette hoped it would be a good enough distraction from whatever was going on at the table. And it was...until her mom spoke up again.

"It is so amazing to meet you finally. I trust you treated my daughter well. You seem like a nice young man," Yasmine restated the same sentence she had been saying since she sat down in her seat. Nadia had to fight the urge to groan because of her mother's behavior. It was the epitome of embarrassment. Nadia was actively waiting, hoping—no, praying, for the ground to open up beneath her and swallow her whole. The girl could only imagine the dumbass smile that grew on Vince's face when he was deemed as a 'nice young man' by a woman who didn't grow up in the same generation as him—well, aside from his own mom of course.