𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫!

✧・゚: 𝔨𝔦𝔰𝔰 𝔪𝔢 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔩𝔶!

Nadia had no time to think when Vince barged into her hotel room. Hot tears were still clouding her vision as she laid on her bed with a pillow held to her chest, her face all blotchy from weeping so much in the past minutes and especially when she caught sight of the empty cage in the room. The blond singer just stood there in his leather jacket and ripped jeans with a look on his face that read sorrow, but also guilt. Nadia sat up on her bed at the speed of light, reminding Vince of the old Frankenstein movie from the 1930s. When Nadia's vision adjusted enough for her to spot the root of her troubles standing in her hotel room, her body physically started aching.

If her parrot was still in his cage then Nadia would've probably gotten butterflies in her tummy from Vince visiting her in the dead of night, but the brunette wasn't excited to see him at all right now. Not when Khonsu's absence was because of Vince and his stupid friends. To be frank, Nadia was sort of already mourning Khonsu's loss. She didn't mean to think of the parrot as dead, but realistically a domesticated parrot couldn't survive for long in the world alone if he did fly away somewhere. The Egyptian girl was forced to face the reality of her precious parrot's possible death. It pained her to think such thoughts, but if Khonsu wasn't coming back anytime soon then Nadia had no choice.

The girl couldn't believe that even after calling Astrid and asking—begging her to mail the envelopes filled with money that she left behind in her apartment, her luck was still fucking awful. Nadia put aside hundreds of dollars just for her dad's medical bills which pretty much left her damn near broke, but even though Nadia put her financial stability on the line for her ill father, the universe still couldn't reward her with good karma. Maybe the good people of the world did get shit on for the most part. The girl deemed that as a sick and twisted fate.

"What makes you think that I possibly wanna see your face ever again after what you've done to me?" Nadia questioned the singer but wasn't expecting him to reply to the rhetorical words. The brunette used the back of her hand to wipe away her tears and cleared her throat in order to not sound all that croaky and awful. In hindsight, Nadia regretted clearing her vision because she now had to observe the sorry face of Vince Neil. Nadia wanted to turn away and pretend like there wasn't another person in the room with her, but it was tremendously difficult to ignore Vince's heavy breathing. He no doubt sprinted back from the bar just to try and make peace with Nadia. The girl was surprised that her previous words to the guys inside the bar about them being the worst didn't discourage Vince from coming to see her. Maybe the singer was more willing to give a fuck about Nadia's feelings than she expected. But that still didn't excuse the fact that her parrot was no longer in his cage.

"C'mon, Nadia. Don't be like this. It's not that serious. Wait, shit, I didn't mean it like that. I just—"

"'Not that serious?' Yeah, it might not be that serious to you seeing as you've never cared for anything in your fucking life. For you it's just another night, right? Just another night to do stupid shit without any remorse for other people's pets. I've had that parrot for years and he's a part of my soul. You don't know how it feels to have a part of you stripped away," Nadia bitterly snapped back at the singer who just looked down at the floor, thinking about what to say next. The girl threw the pillow she was embracing back with the other ones at the top of the bed and crossed her arms over her chest, proceeding to look at the floor as well. Hearing Vince say shit like that began to light another fire in her heart and simply made Nadia want to straight-up smack him across the mouth for saying something so pretentious and selfish.