𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢!

✧・゚: 𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔬𝔶 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔩𝔢𝔰𝔥!

Even at three in the morning, the Sunset Strip was lively as ever. Everyone seemed to be exuberant and having a seemingly good time. Everyone besides little Nadia Naderi. Walking The Strip at this time of night wasn't all that ideal for the fiery girl. LA was filled to the brim with all types of freaks and weirdos and this was the time when they all came alive. The alleyways were crawling with drug dealers who sold coke for low prices according to them, prostitutes who searched for their next paying customers, and creeps who were preying on girls like Nadia.

And while Nadia had her shiny, polished pocket knife in her possession at all times, she still felt paranoid and scared whenever her shifts at the Whisky ended. As much as she despised working at the godforsaken bar, the brunette despised walking the streets alone just a little bit more. Nadia had one hand shoved into the pocket of her jean jacket with her head down low as a means to stay away from any source of attention. She didn't want anything to do with these people. She didn't want cocaine, she didn't want to have sex with a random woman, and she certainly didn't want to be assaulted.

The only thing Nadia was looking forward to was putting on her pajamas and throwing herself into bed. She needed rest and lots of it. The girl was exhausted beyond all means and it certainly showed. The faint dark circles under her pretty brown eyes told anyone who looked at her that she needed to recover from working so much. Nadia wondered if things would've turned out different for her if she would've stayed in medical school like how her parents wanted her to.

Maybe she would've been married to some high-class and overconfident doctor who didn't respect her. Or maybe a lawyer who spent more time with his job than his wife. The most realistic outcome aside from all that was Nadia becoming a nurse who people trusted and relied on. Whenever Nadia thought of the fact that she was previously on a path to save innocent people from illnesses or other health complications, the girl had bile rise from her stomach straight into her throat because she just couldn't bring herself to actually save people.

Nadia didn't trust herself to help people. Not when she couldn't even help herself. The brunette deemed herself as irresponsible, forgetful, and untrustworthy. She had fucked herself over too many times to count over the course of her life. Nadia was only trying to stop herself from possibly harming people that were injured or dying. She was doing the hospitals a favor by not working for one of them. As Nadia continued to make her way home, her ears picked up light jogging behind her. The girl didn't turn around, but she did bring her hand to her waistband in order to grasp the handle of her knife. Nadia's breath was shaky at the thought of being harmed in the dead of night.

However, instead of choosing to send her knife straight into some random person's gut, Nadia turned around at the speed of light and harshly shoved the individual to the ground, but not before swiftly punching them in the stomach. Everything happened so quickly. Nadia's head was slightly spinning and she only realized what had happened when the person on the ground let out a groan. The sound was familiar, which prompted Nadia to look down and see an even more familiar face.