Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Why are you leaving emitters in my loft?"

"I have no idea why that would be in your loft," Argent countered, after a look shared between them they stepped apart cautiously and Argent walked over to the table, "I spent the entirety of the last two days trying to find Stiles," Chris admitted.

"Any luck?" Derek asked just as Margo's eyes fell on the cuff's of his leather jacket. They were unzipped again and it was bugging her because it was just like back when the whole mess had started and he was still living in the burnt down house.

"No."

"Me, either," Derek sighed, "Okay, we're both trying to find Stiles. Mind if I ask what you plan on doing if you find him?" Margo snapped her gaze to Derek at the question.

"Well, that depends on which Stiles I find."

"What?" She asked, looking between them, "no, there's no depending on anything," she argued and Chris looked over to Derek as if testing him but the werewolf said nothing. Instead, he was looking over to the broken cabinet at the side which looked out of place in the room. Chris followed his gaze before walking over to it.

"Broken," he muttered confused, pulling open the door, "this isn't mine," he urged and Margo stepped forward to see what it was - a briefcase. "This isn't mine."

He reached out ready to open it, "careful," Derek urged, and Chris looked at him slightly irritated before opening the lid slowly and carefully. There was a lot of money inside.

"How much do you think that is?" Derek asked.

"One hundred fifty thousand. But, it doesn't make any sense... We never took the money."

"What do you mean you didn't take the money?" Margo asked the real question being who's money, was it?

"It belongs to a Yakuza named Katashi. He has a nickname."

"You mean, something like..." the three whirled around to see Rafael stood in the doorway holding up an evidence bag which had a silver claw-like object within it, "silver finger?"

"Where did you get that?"

"Off Katashi's dead body."

"You're going to have to start investing in better security," Margo whispered to Chris who looked at her irritated.

The three were sat in the Sheriff's station. It went Margo, Derek, and Argent. All of their hands were handcuffed to the bench and all of them were irritated. Both Chris and Derek wanted to know why they were being framed for murder whilst Margo wanted to know why they had the audacity to believe they had the right to kill Stiles.

"So... I don't suppose you have any idea why Stiles would frame us for murder?"

"I didn't think Stiles was smart enough to frame us for murder..." Derek scoffed.

"He did it twice when he first met you," Margo droned, her voice dull and robotic.

"To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced that's why we're here," Chris admitted.

"What do you mean?"

"McCall is going to come out here any minute and probably talk attorneys. Say you've agreed to allow mine to represent you both," he explained and Margo's brows furrowed. She hadn't even thought about an attorney.

"Why should I trust your attorney?"

"Because I'm not calling my attorney yet-- I just want more time."