Elijah pushes off the door with a mischievous smile before wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Don't worry, Quincie. I have every plan of kissing you tonight. But I have a bit of decency this time. I'll be the one walking you to the door and kissing you goodnight. I just hope your English professor doesn't sit on the steps waiting for you to get home to profess his feelings for you."

My head falls back in laughter as my arms wrap around his neck. I hold him close because we've had a weighted distance on us from the start. I want to be as close to him as I could. Both physically and mentally. I want to know everything there is to know about this man.

"It's a good thing my English professor is in his 70's then. I don't think Dr. Camille could handle those stairs."

We both laugh as we hold the other. Neither of us seemed to want to let go and I hardly minded, but there was a reason he needed to be in Boston, I was just a bonus.

"Fuck, I can't wait to kiss you," he mumbles as he brushes his thumb across my cheek.

I feel a blush creep up my neck and I can't help but pull him closer wanting to feel his touch everywhere.

Everywhere.

"Learn your first date etiquette, Dr. Fields. Or we'll be in a whirlwind of trouble."

Elijah sighs before pulling his arms from around me. "You're right. We should probably get going, are you ready?"

I nod my head as I grab my jacket from the end of my bed. I pull it on with the help of Elijah before he guides me from my apartment and down to his car.

•———•

The drive to Boston was amazing.

We left just before the sunset and the passing trees were changing to their fall colors. We took the scenic route to the city with Elijah's hand in mine as we enjoy the outside world-changing with every mile.

When we got into Boston Elijah had parked the car near our restaurant and rushed to my side of the car before I could get to it myself.

"How's that for first date etiquette?" He smiles cheekily as he closes the door behind me.

I roll my eyes playfully as his hand rests on my lower back. I couldn't help the shiver that ran up my spine at his touch and I know he noticed when he took a small step closer to me.

"So, what's your business in Boston anyway?"  

I hadn't asked yet because I was more excited about finally getting to go on a date with him. But as we're guided into the restaurant by the doorman I can feel Elijah's body tense.

"Promise you won't get mad?"

We had stopped walking and his words cause me to worry.

"That depends," I say truthfully, "What is it?"

We were stopped at the hostess podium waiting to be directed to our seats as Elijah removes his hand from my back only to hold my hand tightly.

"Katie's brother Sebastian is a detective here and he needs a second opinion on a case. It should be quick, and I know I should have told you sooner, but I didn't want to worry you about Katie."