2.7

•- Elijah Fields -•

What had I done?

She was right. She warned me against this. She kept her feelings at bay while I damn well begged her not to.

I wasn't sure how far Quincie had gone with someone else or even in the confines of her bedroom. But no one deserved what I'd just done. She was on a date with another man. A man she could have a future with and miss the unsettling backlash from a forbidden romance with her professor.

I had stormed back to my apartment at odds with myself. Max had barely lifted his head when I walked into my apartment. He was asleep in his dog bed for once which was about a surprise as me defiling Quincie in the open like that.

She was the center of my imaginative thoughts for the last few weeks. But knowing what her mouth felt like against my own, and the sounds she made when she was close to experiencing cosmic bliss, I wasn't sure I could go back to the way things were.

Cursing at myself I bury my face in my hands.

Max looks at me confused but I don't mind him a second glance as I step onto the platform of my bedroom.

I unbuckle my slacks that were wet from both of us tonight.

There was a glimmer of pride that flashed across my mind knowing that I'd driven her to that point.

And I'd do it again.

I felt like a teenage boy who was unable to keep my hormones in check the second a girl so much as kissed me. But Quincie was not a girl, she was all woman.

I was to blame for everything wrong with us. Whether she wanted to admit it or not, I was sworn to be her educator and I took advantage of her friendship.

God, I was a terrible person.

I change into sweatpants and rip my sweat-covered shirt from my chest.

I had to think of a way to properly apologize. But I wasn't sure anything could make our situation better. I had taken advantage of my hormones and our growing tension. It was my fault for stepping the line she had so clearly drawn. And now she thought I regretted it.

How could you regret something that felt so right?

I wanted to. I wanted to hate touching her and kissing her the ways I did, but I didn't and it made my heart tighten in my chest.

Not knowing what to do with myself for the rest of the night, I turn off the lights of my apartment and tuck myself into bed.

Max was rightfully ignoring me as he snoozed off in his dog bed.

As my eyes closed the only thing I could think of was her face as she left me in the hallway, and it nearly ripped my chest open.

•———•

Max groans in my ear as he stands beside my bed. I look out the floor windows across from me and groan when I see it's still nighttime.

"You have to go outside now, seriously?" I hiss tiredly as I peel my sheets from off my legs. I was about to throw on a shirt when I hear a loud pounding against the front door.

Max looks to the door and then back at me as if I was expecting a visit without his knowledge. Petting his head I jump the small steps to the rest of my apartment before approaching the door. I pull it open without looking and see Quincie stood in the doorway.

Her cheeks were streaked with her makeup and I could tell she'd been crying.

It killed me to know those tears were because of me.