She was still in her dress from tonight but instead of those heels that made her just slightly taller, her feet were bare.

I notice the smell of alcohol and I feel I'm to blame for her sudden interest in drinking. She had smelled of it this morning too, but I didn't want to think too much into it. She was a college kid and when I was her age I was on the brink of alcohol addiction.

"Quincie, what are you doing here?" I look to my oven and see it was just nearing 2:30 in the morning.

She steps inside my apartment uninvited and Max jumps at her.

Her solemn expression is quickly replaced with excitement as Max nearly knocks her over. She catches herself on the island before turning to look at me.

I could see the pain in her eyes despite how glossed over they were from her adventures with alcohol tonight.

"You can't regret it," her voice cracks with the words she speaks. I bend down and take her hand in mine cautiously as a show of comfort.

"You don't get to regret it because I don't. Because I want this and I'm sick of pushing away my own happiness because someone tells me that this is wrong."

I can't help myself as I reach out to her and brush her hair from her face as her arms tighten around my stomach. My eyes squint closed as I rest my head on top of her's.

"Quincie, this is a conversation we should save for the morning. You're shitfaced and you need some rest. I don't want to risk either of us saying things we can't take back."

Quincie pushes at my stomach but I only hold her body closer to mine. She struggled against my embrace as she tries to free herself, but I wasn't going to budge.

When she finally eases into my hold, her arms wrap around my waist and a soft sigh lifts her body slightly before collapsing with her exhale.

Her body goes limp in my arms and I pull away seeing that her exhaustion was nearly taking her over.

I take her hand in mine and she follows behind me tripping over her feet every few steps before she's sat on my bed. Her eyes were barely staying open as I grab a shirt from my dresser.

She smiles up at me when she sees the philosophy pun printed on the graphic tee. I barely have time to turn around as she pulls her beautiful dress off her body. I caught a glimpse of the thin lace she wore underneath, but her intoxication only makes me feel like I betrayed her by looking longer than I should have.

I hear a soft sigh escape her lips and the ruffling of my sheets. I wait a few seconds just to be safe before I turn to face her. She collapsed on the bed and Max quickly jumps up to bring her comfort. Her arms wrap around his big body and her face falls into the comfort of his mane.

I lean down and over a growling Max who was overly protective of Quincie.

I brush her hair from her cheek and press my lips to her skin.

"I'd be a fool to regret you, Quincie Jackson," I whisper before I pull the comforter up to her body and make my way to a sleepless night on the couch.

•- Quincie Jackson -•

My nose scrunches as I feel a slimy tongue glide along my face.

I nuzzle my head deeper into the pillow I was resting on when I smell a very familiar cologne that was not either of the boys.

My eyes widen and before I could register where I was, Max was licking my face.

I reach out and pet his head before turning to my side.

There was a pillow and blanket on the couch but Elijah was nowhere to be seen. I don't push myself to sit up because I felt probably as bad as I looked.