January 3rd, 2013

Ah ha! I managed to type 2013 on the very first try. Sure I was constantly thinking "put 2013, put 2013" but hey, I did it!

Alright, the reason I'm blogging is just to blog this time. I thought you all needed to be informed about the going ons in my life and writing. Just was sitting here thinking of all of you while I was staying at my mom's watching her animals for her while she is off visiting her WoW friend for the New Year.

Well... First, I am working slowly on the most beloved stories NLH and Starr Academy: College Life Part 2. It may not seem like it, but I have. It's slow going because my life is a mess. I need a job to save money and get my own place. Trying to not feel like an utter failure for not being able to save my marriage that's falling all around me and has been since before we bought our first house. Constantly having to pack my stuff up to watch my mom's animals yet again because she doesn't want to find someone else to take care of them. (I'm her go-to-girl now that my life is a mess.) And trying to write a three to ten page synopsis for any of my stories to get them to publishers is beyond headaching for a person who struggled with reports all throughout school. As you can see, my life kind of sucks right now for writing my beloved stories.

NLH has only three more pages to be written before I can post it up for you all. The beginning as been re-written as I got a spark of genius while talking to someone about the chapter. She saw me just staring at my screen and asked about the story that was giving me trouble. Thank gawd she didn't come into the room ten minutes before when I was bawling my eyes out having re-read Louis's last scene. I'm still very emotional about it and it's been months since I posted it.

That's not to say I haven't been constantly tearing up with every new memory of him through Nina's eyes. The emotion I feel is nothing to Macy and Derek's. He was their little mischievous boy who got into tons of trouble with his twin. And poor Lane is struggling up a storm too with it.

With the last few pages of the chapter, Faith will need Nina's help. Lane and Derek feeling that they know what's best for the grieving girl who just lost the love of her life. A life she grew up never imagining for herself. She didn't until she met Louis.

All this is shaping how difficult the next chapter as been on me knowing what I must do and having a hard time getting the words to flow out of my mind and onto the page. Then there's what will happen in the chapter to follow this one. I know that one will be difficult to write as well...

Now for Starr Academy news...

Okay. As some of you might have seen, I've placed a check mark over College Life meaning it's complete but with loose ends. I have made the choice to break College Life into two books seeing how long the first half has turned out to be. Over 80,000 words. That right there is a novel sized story. The next half will be even more dramatic for both Hope and Ian.

Right now, I haven't started to write the new book, but I did make up the cover art for it. I have the outline for the rest of the story and how it will turn out.

Does anyone remember the prologue for College Life?

No. You're running over to read it again just to see where I might be going here?

That's okay. In the prologue, I've eluded to a planet wide disaster. In the second part to College Life, I will get to that. Because, for the whole series to end, that needs to get resolved.

What is the disaster?

Ohh...I can't tell you that one. That would be giving too much away that I think you need to discover when the story starts back up and over half way along at that. Yep. Ian and Hope get far into their new relationship before I hit them upside the heads with that soul sickening heartbreak. (hehehe)

I hope this helps a few of you realize I am thinking about these stories constantly, but having too much trouble in my life to dedicate what I want on them. I wish I could just set up an account somewhere where I get donations from people who want to help me out so I can write twenty-four/seven.

Would people donate to me?

(shrug) Who the hell knows, but it's time to go to bed, so night all.

Blessed be your day and your life, Kat.