Chapter 967

Jay's POV: After making our way into Matt's office, I sighed as I watched Erin sit down on his bed. Moving to sit next to her, I wrapped my arm around her back and then grabbed her hand. "You're stressed Erin and I know that just as well as you do. You sure this is a good idea?" Erin sighed and went to look at me. "Jay, I'm fine. I want to do this for the community. Plus, it gets us out of the house and it allows me to see my dad. He said he'd drop by to have lunch with us."

I nodded and liked the idea. "That way we are doing it outside instead of inside." Erin smiled and nodded as she grabbed my jacket and rubbed my chest. "Exactly." I then decided to kiss her softly before grabbing her neck when she got a text. I then sighed as I pulled away. Going to grab her phone, she then read the text. 'Leaving the district now, should be there in 10.' I nodded and smiled when I saw that. "Hopefully that means he won't stay long since he's working today."

Erin then turned to look at me. "However, we are going to try and make him stay as long as possible. Sorry but, I am not going to let him work on Christmas too much. He needs to relax." I nodded and agreed before going to kiss her forehead. That's when I heard my phone ring. I then grabbed it too and saw it was my brother. I smiled and went to answer it on speaker phone. "Merry Christmas guys. Sorry we didn't call yet. We're out volunteering."

Natalie chuckled when I said that. "Let me guess, patrol for Christmas safety?" I chuckled. "No, CFD's Soup Kitchen at Firehouse 51." Will was shocked when I said that. "Then get off the phone and come join us. We are here with some patients from the hospital to get some food. They needed to get out. Don't worry, their non-COVID kids." I agreed and smiled as I got up.

Grabbing Erin's hand before helping her up, I smiled as we intertwined our fingers and then walked out of the firehouse together to go see my brother.