Chapter 953

Matt's POV: After telling my mom about Gabby's aneurysm, I teared up a bit and got comfort from my mom as a I hugged her. This story always brought me to tears because it reminded me that (for a while), every time I wanted to make love to my wife...we were technically putting her life at risk if we weren't too careful. I then composed myself and sighed. "Sorry, just a hard story." My mom agreed and put her hand on my cheek. "I get where you are coming from. And having to choose between her and a second child must've been hard."

I nodded and sighed. "It's just all been so fast. However, the decision wasn't that hard to make because we wanted to keep her alive for Matteo. I mean, at first we thought that we could try but...I couldn't do it. And just to be clear...I didn't make the decision for her. It wasn't my place." Gabby sighed and then walked over to me once she changed her shirt. "You okay Matt?" I nodded as she came to sit next to me. I then wrapped my arm around her and kissed her head softly. "Still a hard story to tell even though it's our story."

Gabby agreed and grabbed my hand. "However, like Matt said...we don't like to talk about it. So, now that you know...could you please not ask about it again?" Nancy nodded and smiled. "Of course. I completely understand now why he said it's a hard story. However, if I could just say that it is also quite romantic." I was confused. "How was that romantic?" My mom smiled at us both. "Well, Gabby...you must really love my son if you are willing to put your life on the line to give him a child. I could never do that. I would've done anything to abort the baby."

I smiled when my mom said that. "When my mom puts it that way, I guess it's quite romantic. I think it's romantic though because it led me to have a second chance with the love of my life." Gabby smiled and grabbed my hand when I said that. "So Nancy, I can't help but ask this but...what have you been up to since you've been uhm..." My mom then finished her sentence. "Since I've been released from prison? It's okay to mention Gabby, it's not a secret in Chicago."

I sighed when she said that. "Please don't tell her the nickname I got." Gabby then turned to look at me. "What nickname?" I sighed and looked at her. "Killer momma's boy. I've always been closed to my mom...so they combined killer mom with momma's boy." Gabby grabbed my hand and sighed. "Babe, that's horrible." My mom then laughed. However, I was not laughing. "Mom, it's not funny!" My mom then shook her head. "I was laughing at the babe part, a little young?"

I sighed and looked at her. "We started it when we were dating and it just stuck." Gabby smiled when I said that and then grabbed my hand. I then moved to intertwine our fingers as I felt her head on my shoulder. I then moved to rub her back while kissing her head. My mom then looked at us. "Just to let you know, I set some gifts down at the bottom of the tree. Wanted to make sure they were somewhere we could access them tomorrow." I nodded and smiled.

"Just to let you know mom, we actually don't have a guest room here. So...you are going to be sleeping on the sofa bed if that's okay?" My mom then looked at me from the recliner and nodded. "Only if you promise me one thing." I nodded. "Anything." She just glared at me. "Has it ever been used for sex?" I glared at her. "Mom! Are you kidding me? Of course not." My mom then nodded and sighed. "Sorry, just a little disgusting."

Gabby agreed and sighed as she looked up at me. "Be quiet or else you don't get my surprise later." I was confused when she said that before running my fingers through her hair. "What are you talking about?" Gabby smirked and then moved to undo her blouse a bit to show off some nice lingerie. I then glared at her and did up her shirt again before putting my hand on Gabby's leg. My mom then looked at me. "Seriously? You just get home and sex already."

I sighed and looked at my mom. "Mom, keep talking and I am going to be kicking you out to a hotel." Gabby then looked up at me. "And you do that, I will put on some PJs. I'm sorry but we've already had enough COVID in our family." I sighed and agreed. My mom then got worried. "You..." I shook my head. "No, her niece, nephew and ex-sister-in-law. And of course, Christie." My mom nodded. "I've talked to her since that. I'm glad she's feeling better."

I smiled when she said that. "I just hope she doesn't come. Then we don't have any room here left over." My mom shook her head. "I talked to her. She asked if I wanted to go there and see Violet. I said that I was coming here to meet my grandson. By the way, I would still love to hold him if I ever get a chance when he's awake." Gabby nodded and smiled. That's when I heard him wake up. "Time for his feeding." My mom then smiled. "Can grandma do it?"

I smiled and nodded. "Sure thing. Let me just get a bottle ready and Gabby, can you get him?" Gabby then shook her head. "No, you get him. He needs a bit of attention from his father sometimes. You always try and do stuff for us. My turn to start doing that now." I agreed and nodded before getting up so that I could grab Matteo in his nursery. Gabby then smiled at my mom and nodded. "Let me just get you a bottle to feed him."

My mom then nodded at Gabby and smiled, ready to feed Matteo.