Chapter Three

I woke up on a weird hammock, I looked around and saw half of the hammocks empty, and the other half with boys sleeping. I stood up and walked out to the grassy area. I looked around for Newt or Minho. I saw the scrawny blonde with the limp and started making my way over to him. I caught a glimpse of black hair and a blue-green shirt. Minho. He had the weird leather thing around his chest and was running towards the wall. A loud thunder-like noise made me jump, I fell backwards and landed on my butt. Minho looked at me and laughed. He altered his course and ran towards me, stopping and holding out his hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me up with such force that I fell into him. We toppled onto the ground, my arms holding me up from his chest. I smiled at him and pushed off.

"Whatcha doin Shebean?" He asked me, pushing himself off the ground and standing across from me.

"Well, I was going over to Newt, but then the door opened." I replied, making him laugh.

"It's alright, come on, walk with me to the door." He smiled, ruffling my hair.

We started walking to the opening in the walls, stopping once we were about 4 meters away. Newt ran over to us and started talking.

"So, greenie, your stuck with the builders today. Gotta see how you would do there, then tomorrow you're with Zart. Then the slaughters the next, an the slopp..." He continued rambling on, but me and Minho were laughing and playfully mocking the boy.

"Alright Minho, time for you to go, Ben is on his way." Alby spoke, walking over to us.

He looked me up and down then nodded silently. I looked at him weirdly and decided to ignore it. Minho went into the maze with Ben and I was on my way to Eyebrows for today.

"Gally, you got Astrid for today, have fun." Newt smiled at him.

"Alright Greenie, go take wood and put it on that pile." Gally ordered me in a harsh tone.

"Copy that, Eyebrows." I smiled at him.

"Eyebrows?" He asked me.

"Yes, Eyebrows." I confirmed.

"Never call me that again."

"No can do, Eyebrows."

I walked off and grabbed some of the wood and carried it over to the pile for them to chop.

The day went by pretty fast, I ended up taking all the wood to the pile in about two hours and chopped about half of it before dinner. Minho came back from the maze a few minutes before we ate and ended up eating with me and Newt. Gally was sending me glares from the other side of the room. I just smiled back at him and moved my eyebrows weirdly.

I looked to the side when someone sat down next to me. It was cute blondie.

"Hey, how was work with Gally?" He asked me.

"I will never be a builder." I spoke in a dramatic manner.

"She's weird." Winston whispered to Chuck.

"But I'm adorable." I smiled at him.

"You sure are. Now, go to bed, I think you are a little to energetic." Newt spoke, putting his hands on my shoulders, making me blush lightly.

"And what if I refuse?" I asked him with a wink.

"I'll have to take you there myself."

I stood up and raised my right hand. "I stand here today to inform everyone of some very important news." I spoke, causing everyone to look at me. "I hereby refuse to go to bed for the reason that none of you shall be informed of. Also, of another topic, you should all address Gally as Sir Master Eyebrows Sir, he told me to tell you all that. Oh yeah! And Newt is really-"