Chapter Two

Astrid's POV

Newt dragged me to the bonfire. some boys were already drunk, and others were getting there, and then there were the ones that were so drunk that they were singing a terrible song out of key. They were all drinking this weird brown foggy drink in a jar. I looked at Newt with a face of disgust, making him laugh.

"Come on greenie, you gotta try the drink." He smiled, grabbing a jar and popping the lid, handing it to me.

I hesitantly took a sip and immediately spit it onto the grass, making everyone laugh. I walked over to a tree and puked the liquid that got through onto the weeds. I walked back to the fire with all eyes on me. I looked around and sighed, laying my head on the log. Everyone went along with their fun and yelled and talked and drank. Newt was off with some kids named Thomas and Chuck.

Someone sat down next to me, I looked over. Black-haired boy. I forgot his name.

"Hey." He spoke.

"Hi."

"Why're you all alone over here?"

"Newt left me."

"That sucks."

"You don't say?"

"Finally! Another person with some sarcasm." He laughed, smiling to himself.

"Sorry, but I forgot your name," I replied, making him laugh again.

"Minho, the hottest one around." He grinned.

"Astrid, the only girl." I sighed.

"Hey, it's alright. You've got one friend already."

"You?"

"Nah, you got Newt." He smiled, making me laugh.

I grabbed a jar of the foggy liquid and downed it, ignoring the terrible taste.

"Wow. Sorry, never seen a girl drink before. None of the boys drink that klunk like that."

"Okay, what's with the weird words?"

"Well, Shank is like an idiot, Shuck is like fuck, and Klunk is like shit. But we don't use those words around Chuck, that's why we use glader words.

"Okay, thanks, that makes sense."

"Yeah, people usually just pick up on it and go with it."

"Yeah."

"You know, you're like, really cute." He chuckled, making me blush and smile, looking him in the eyes.

"I get that a lot."

"What!? Who got to you before me!? Was it Newt, that sly dog!"

"Nah, it was Chuck, he beat all of you. We're going on a date tomorrow." I said sarcastically.

"Nice sense of humor, that's attractive in a girl."

"Whatever."

I and Minho kept talking the night away before I eventually fell asleep on his shoulder from the exhausting day. It would only get worse tomorrow.

If you haven't picked it up yet, I've chosen the love interest! Guess who it is!? JK, I'm not telling, you gotta know who it is by now.

(A/N from the future) Yeah, that didn't happen, oopsie! It's someone else!!!!

Like

Vote

Comment (I'm bored and comments are funny to read, try to make me laugh)