I heard voices coming from the living room as I moved a little bit closer, trying to eavesdrop. I just turned the corner to the hallway when I saw Mom practically running in my direction. Her eyes landed on me and she came to an abrupt halt.

"Go put on the hair and contacts." She said and ushered me back. She looked worried.

I ran to my room and put on the red wig and green eyes, except for the usual red wig and brown eyes.

I went downstairs only for Mom to pull me into the living room where I was greeted by who? Another blue-eyed guy. A faint pain was felt in my head as I stared into his eyes.

"I want the stuff by tomorrow Or I'll harm your daughter." He said, standing up. "I'm taking her with me now. As a bait. Send the stuff and have your daughter back."

I hated the way he said the word 'daughter'.

I just stood there contemplating what to do. Do I need to go with this complete stranger?

I'm not scared but I'm shocked someone will send their daughter with a complete stranger who happens to be maybe a year or two older than her.

Mom glared at me from behind him as he walked towards me. He grabbed my upper arm, not as tight as it looked and dragged me out and I just let him do that.

We walked to his car in the driveway and he opened the door to the passenger seat for me.

I expected him to throw me in or something but he just stood there looking at me with a small smile on his face and waiting for me to get in. I got in. He shut the door and came to sit in the driver seat himself.

"Grayson." He said as we pulled out of the driveway.

"Ava." I said softly, putting the small girl act on.
He shot me a smile.

Woah!This is not how a bait is treated.

I Iooked at him again, staring intently.

"What happened, Princess?" He asked without even turning his head.

"Why are you being so nice?" I asked, softy. He let out a chuckle but his eyes told me he was remembering something distant and painful.

He shrugged. "I'm older than you and you give me little sister vibes, if that is something. So, the big brother inside me is coming out." He said, like he was explaining something to a small child.

He looked sad while saying this. I didn't push it further because I didn't want to be nosy.

I just nodded and looked out the window.

I still feel unsafe.

We pulled up to an apartment building. He parked the car outside and led me into the building. He led me to a room and opened the door for me.

"You can stay here. I hope for a short while, for your sake." He said while smiling at me. I nodded and went inside the room and sat on the bed with my back against the headboard.

I was in full defensive mode, noticing his every move like a hawk. He sat in an armchair at the side. He pulled out his phone and began scrolling through it.

It felt safe.

I don't know. I'm having mixed feelings. He feels safe but unsafe at the same time. Not to mention, the slight pain in my head.

I think I'm allergic to blue-eyed men.

But the pain has started feeling familiar. Like I'm getting used to it. But it still thrills me whenever I feel it. It feels like my brain is under some stress or working something up.