27: One-Sided Friendship

Start from the beginning

Aeiou gritted his teeth. "Has someone already pressed the button?"

"O-oh yes, wait..." The elevator started lifting up.

That caused Aeiou to be pissed. He couldn't see whether the girls were truly pushing and moving or was it only Zed's doing.

Aeiou tried to take a peak but Zed hastily blocked his vision with his head. "Who are you looking at?" Zed squinted. "Are you a pervert? Looking at girls everyday."

"You're purposely doing it you motherfucker," Aeiou accused. "I know you're making fun of me."

"What? I usually takes the stairs every day as my exercise and for the sake of not suffering from a claustrophobic situation like this. But your legs..."

"It doesn't hurt anymore, okay?" Aeiou assured. He rolled his eyes away and said, "Ah... what did I do to deserve someone like you? I wish I just left you dying there on the beach."

Hearing that, Zed's chest throbbed. He was drunk all throughout that night, but he was sure that the reason why they became friends was because of the triggered sympathy within their hearts and hearing Aeiou said he wished it never happened made Zed's chest ache. Well, I never done anything good to him. I'm trying now but I don't know how.

To tell the truth, on the very moment Zed regained his memories of that night, he had to force himself to exercise for two straight days and sleep, do things that will drift his attention away from the uncertainty of Aeiou's situation.

Was he able to get home safely?

How was his feet? All the CCTVS's that I've reviewed never caught him taking a cab. He walked all the way back to their house. Should I visit him? But what should I say? 

And upon seeing Aeiou casually bullying Sarah this morning, he couldn't stop himself but to give Aeiou more of his admiration. Aeiou was strong in spirit and recovered quickly as if he has superpowers.

Zed's worries vanished, and all that was left with him was the gratitude that Aeiou found him that night. However, hearing what Aeiou said, it hit him right into the core.

"Can't you push a little to the back, you bastard." 

Zed bit his gum and his knuckles cracked. He was looking down when he said, "Can't you shut up when you have nothing good to say?" Zed stated it rather coldly in a deep low voice causing Aeiou's eyelids to flinch. "I fucking hate you. You make me like you the most last night and then you make me hate you the next time we meet."

Surprisingly Aeiou did not utter any words. After a minute, Aeiou spoke, "Apologize."

Zed raised his bloodshot eyes. "For what?"

"For causing me a lot of troubles. You should also apologize for everything you did, the muscle aches and the kis..."Aeiou choked. "Ehem... just apologize."

Zed was taken aback. "That's all?"

"That's all. I'm not going to ask for anything more. We... we have the weirdest relationship because we have conflicts we haven't fixed officially yet."

Zed licked his lips before speaking. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything."

Aeiou's pupil shrouded in warmth. Those words sounded so heavy that it echoed on both of his ears an around the elevator.

"Apology accepted. If you respect boundaries we'll stay friends, and if you help me hit on the cheerleading captain of this school, then we'll be the best of friends. You know, Mariah? She's the cheerleading captain..."

BANG!

Zed withdrew a fist he threw beside Aeiou's ear. He was looking down when he asked, "Say, did you plan to be friends with me because of girls I attract?" Now, he confirmed that the playboy was  using him.

Zed clenched his fist viciously on both sides, making his knuckles cracked. "I'm not easily fooled you manipulator piece of shit." Zed's jaw clenched. There was no known words to describe his wrath.

He was so invested on the friendship that he just found, but it looked like Aeiou was only feigning the bond, and was planning to use him as a network.

"H-ha... that's not.."

Ting... the door opened and the girls rushed out of the elevator in panic. 

They only chanted one sentence int heir minds: He's pissed! RUN!

Zed raised his head and looked at Aeiou cunningly. 

Aeiou was shaking tremendously and had his hands buried on his chest. Fear was drawn on his face clearly. It was the first time Zed saw Aeiou so fearful. A sudden swept struck Zed's heart but he ignored it.

"Also, my friend, I'm sorry because I torn out your papers." 

Aeiou breathed heavily. "Papers?"

Zed nodded. "Your social science homework, I forgot to do my assignment. I forgot to place it back, but I already teared it off. So there's no point of gluing it back right?"

Now, Aeiou's eyes widen in realization. He was now able to to put things into pieces completely.

"Pass your exercise notebook to the front."

Zed was the one seating in front of him.

So Zed was the culprit all along!

"Y-you motherfucker..."

Before Aeiou could finish, Zed gently pressed his long index finger to Aeiou's lips. His voice carried annoyance as he speak. "Ha... look how vicious you are. You wanted to use me to get girls. Is that why you approached me that night? Tsk. Tsk. I shouldn't have fallen for your plans."

Aeiou slapped Zed's palm. He wanted to shout badly but his voice was shaking. "G-get away from m-me." 

Surprisingly enough, Zed politely moved his body away and signaled Aeiou to walk first. "Stupidest first."

Aeiou's eyes blinked countless times as the shiny floor of the elevator reflected upon his eyes.

All the girls were gone.

He took a deep breath and walked with his hands on his chest.

Suddenly, a voice echoed. "Aeiou, you're the cruelest."

The tanginess on those words from Zed caused Aeiou to land into confusion. Why is he the one acting like a victim? Acting hurt? Is he guilt-tripping me?

For a short while, Aeiou thought of what that meant. But regardless of that stinginess, the anger took over him. He took a few deep breaths before he turned and gifted Zed a middle finger. "Fuck your trust issues!"

Zed gritted his teeth and roared, he pointed at Aeiou, "FUCK YOUR MANIPULATIVE ASS! YOU DON'T KNOW THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOU!"

"Keep those feelings to yourself because I don't want to hear it and DON'T COME NEAR ME AGAIN!" Aeiou bolted.