*Chapter 88 - Yes*

When you land, your feet aren't on the ground. You're in Loki's arms as he holds you bridal style, his lips still on yours.

The sounds of the feast hall have been replaced by the gentle chirping of crickets and a nearby trickling stream. A gentle breeze that tastes like springtime caresses your cheeks as you break from Loki's kiss.

Glancing at your surroundings, Loki carries you forward, making his way up small stone steps. It's dark, the two moons casting a beautiful ethereal glow on the small trees and flower beds that line the stone pathway. Fireflies abound, flashing their gentle lights as if small fairies on the wind.

"Where are we Lo?" you ask quietly, feeling incredibly at peace as the scents of the many colorful flowers below fill your senses.

Loki doesn't answer. He merely smiles as he climbs up the last stone step. Your eyes immediately find a small, white pagoda. Tiny fairylights are strung up the rounded columns and hang from the domed ceiling. The floor is covered in satin pillows and blankets. 

"These are the royal gardens, love," Loki says, setting you down gently then kneeling before you and sliding your shoes off your feet, tossing them aside. You smile as you relish the cool, soft grass between your toes as you take a few steps forward, admiring your surroundings. This place reminds you of the fairytales you used to read as a girl.

"But Lo, I've walked the gardens before," you say in a hushed awe. "I've never seen this place."

"These are my gardens, kærasta. You have seen the Queen's gardens. But...I created this place. And it's hidden by my enchantments. To those uninvited, they see nothing but grasslands."

You close your eyes and breathe deeply, allowing all of the flowered scents to once more fill your nose. Their sweetness is intoxicating.

"It's amazing, Loki," you whisper as Loki steps up to your side and threads his fingers through yours.

"I...I tried to bring you here once," Loki says, raising a single hand to rest it on your cheek as the other still holds yours. "A long, long time ago."

You furrow your brow and rack your brains, trying to remember when Loki may have tried bringing you here. Then you remember.

"Fandral," you whisper, looking back at Loki. "The day we ran into Fandral in the hall...y-you said you wanted to talk to me about something that day but-"

"But the flaxen philanderer ruined the moment," Loki grumbles.

You laugh at Loki's instant soured mood by the simple mention of Fandral's name.

"He's not so bad, Lo," you say with a smile. 

Loki rolls his eyes as he pulls you gently to his lips, before moving them to your neck. You whimper at the feeling of his teeth grazing that sensitive place below your ear as he whispers.