Chapter 50 - Guilty

As soon as the words tumble from your lips you regret them. 

You watch as they trickle down your chin and float across the room. You're unable to do anything but wait for their meaning to hit.

"You...? You gave it to her?" Odin's lip twitches as he growls in response.

"I swear I...I didn't know," you say desperately, casting a helpless glance to Frigga who's face is contorted in bewilderment and disappointment. 

"I'm sorry," you say, tears coming to your eyes. "I never thought...I never meant to-," but your words catch in your throat as your gaze drifts to Thor. 

Two, piercing blue eyes. The ones who have only ever looked upon you with love. Care. Concern. Friendship. 

That's all gone. 

The only thing left is the unmistakable glint of betrayal. Hurt. Confusion.

"No, Thor...please," you say, tears slipping from your eyes as they fall upon the cushions of your cheeks. "Thor," you say once more, desperately longing to hear him say something - anything - to break the silence.

You pull your hand from Loki's grasp as you dash across the room, stopping an arm's length away from your best friend - the blonde god who had cared for you. Protected you. Healed you. 

"Thor...please. Believe me, I never intended to...I-I didn't know!" you plead, reaching out slowly towards him. But as your fingertips graze his bicep he pulls away, tearing his watery gaze from yours as he storms from the room.

"NO!" you cry out, turning to race after him. But Loki catches you and holds you back.

"Let me go!" you fight. "He doesn't understand!" you cry.

"I know, love. I know," Loki says quietly and solemnly as he calms you, holding you tightly to his chest.

"You have deceived us," Odin says quietly. "You have lied to us. Did you always intend to place us in harm's way?"

"What? Gods, no!" you shout, turning to face him. "I would never do something like that! I was...I was desperate!"

"Desperate?" speaks Frigga, for the first time since your admission. "Desperate for what, child?"

"This!" you shout, pulling your seidr stone from around your neck. "I...I traded it. For the inscription. So I could get Loki out of the dungeons before someone tried to have him KILLED again!" you cry, staring at Odin.

Frigga regards you for a moment before shaking her head. "I knew Loki's tale to be false, I just never imagined...," she trails off.

"What you have done is punishable by death, child. And at the very least, exile from this realm," growls Odin.