CHAPTER 31

STORM:

Our little spit fire  had not only rendered everyone speechless but she had also confused the heck out of our people and we knew that it was only a matter of time before rumors  began  to make rounds in the kingdom and beyond.

       "you have no idea what you have done you foolish daughters of the realm"
Natasha suddenly boomed into the hall.

Rarely was she one to raise her voice so seeing her like this seemed to stir a lot of uncertainty and confusion within everyone who now sat silently, awaiting for her to speak further.

      "Seven days from now, even the gods themselves will be unable to save you from the path you have chosen" she finished and made her way over to her chair where she  began filling her plate like she hadn't just declared the bane of our warriors.

    "What could a newly shifted Lycan without experience and skills possibly do to the best of the best in the world"
Alvida who I wish could just disappear arrogantly whispered.

     "Careful there Alvida, someone might finally give you what you deserve"
Theo our lawyer spoke from across the table causing some roars of laughter and agreement from everyone else.

      "Never have I wished for the ability to freeze time like I do right now"
River said through the mind link while I simply nodded in agreement.

     "Is there nothing we can do to stop any of this Tash? "
Valley asked looking really down casted.

    "I'm Sorry brothers, but all you can do now is wait "
She answered before turning back to her food and shutting the link.

     I couldn't bring myself to talk any further so I focused back on my food, ignoring my environment and lost in the thought of how our lives took such a turn.

   surely Arabella would never hurt anyone intentionally and I didn't even want to imagine the toll this was taking on her.

It was times like this that I wished for a miracle that could change everything for us but I knew there was only so much we could do for her
And if there was a chance tha-.

       "Xyon"
Natasha suddenly whispered, her voice filled with dread and hands shaking nervously.

    "go to Xyon, he's in danger and has refused to fight back.   Go. Now "
She frantically spoke before rushing out of the room with all of us running right behind her.

    ""You Must come Now, I Couldn't Stop Her"
I suddenly heard in our link, it was Xyon and he seemed to be out of breath, causing us to run faster in the direction their scent were most strongest.

Few minutes later we had made it to the edge of the forest with my heart hanging on my throat, never had I ever felt the way I did when we passed by the dismembered rogues that littered the outer woods of our kingdom, I didn't need to be told that it wasn't Xyon because that wasn't his style.

I would know that much considering how many battles we had fought in our lives and the mere thought that it could have been Arabella's doing made the urge to throw up all the more worse for me.

Finally we'd arrived at a side of the forest where her scent was the strongest but still there was no sign of her.

     "Over here your majesties"
Someone whisper yelled from the other side and we were quick to rush over.

There stood Arabella or a more primal side of her taunting At Xyon who was spotting a gash in his left leg but still refusing to fight her.

     "I'm Sorry Storm but you have to knock her out, if she senses you first it will be harder to do"
Tash linked still standing behind everyone.

   "you want me to hurt our mate? Are you crazy? "
I asked unsure of she was suggesting.

     "That can't be the only way out of this, couldn't we just talk her out of this madness? "
River asked eyeing Tash like she was suggesting an abomination.

  Tash Glared at the both of us before sighed in defeat. "Eight minutes from now, your precious mate is going to be responsible for the death of your beta. her own brother, grief becomes what actually drives her to the edge,  the choice is yours"
Her bluntness when it came to situations like this had a way of freaking everyone out.

     "you must do it Now Storm"
Valley sounded more desperate than I had ever heard.

  "I'm Sorry little one"
And with that I blended with the wind and ran to her and before she could comprehend what had happened to her, I placed my hands on her head passing more energy than her body could contain causing her to struggle and wiggle in my arms, and in no time I felt her go limp on me and lost consciousness. I was definitely lucky that it hadn't crossed her mind to shift entirely.

Once I was sure that she couldn't struggle anymore I lifted  and carried her bridal style, ignoring the shocking gazes of our people and the whispers that could be heard around the crowd that had formed.

Beside me was a tired looking Xyon who was leaning on Valley while River stayed behind to oversee the burning of the disgusting rogues that littered our grounds.

   "I'll make a quick stop at the temple, you must get everyone into the living room and wait a while for me."
Tash spoke softly before phasing away before I could reply.

   "Why do I feel like whatever she's going to say will not be what we need right now?"
I smiled at Xyon before replying

   "When has Natasha ever said what one needs to hear"
I asked, earning a quiet chuckle from him.

Looking down at Our mate had me worrying that whatever was going on with her was something we couldn't control and the mere thought of loosing her left a sour feeling in my heart.

    "All will be well brother"
Valley murmured before walking a bit faster now that Xyon's leg was healing up nicely.

Looking at everyone around us had me wishing above all things that All would indeed be well cause I never wanted a day to come when I would have no choice but to put my own mate away.

***************************
Hey sweeties, how are you doing?

So about this chapter, I don't know exactly how I feel about it but I hope it's not as cringy as it feels.

Please share your thoughts with me yeah?

I love you babies.

Later.... ❤️💕❤️💋💋💋💋💋