CHAPTER 22

River:

In the short span of time we'd known Arabella, we understood her like she'd been there forever.   Mostly The little things that made her who she is and how little things equally had a way of fascinating her beyond comprehension.

We understood that she was upset about how we'd been trying to keep the challenge from her but it was all for good reason.

She had witnessed us cheating with Alvida once so how were we supposed to tell her that she was supposed to fight that same woman for her position as queen.

In as much as we tried to find a loophole in all of it there was no stopping it, the real problem for us was how to start a conversation as weighty as this one.

We'd gotten home right after she left in hopes that we could get her to understand but she had locked her door and refused to speak to us.
And even when we tried the mindlink she shut us out like we had become strangers overnight.

We missed her and we realized that keeping it away from her was plain stupid and pointless cause eventually she was meant to find out anyway.

Once again we were the reason she was hurting so badly just because of our ignorance and over protectiveness.

     "I think I have an idea?"
Valley more or less asked.

    "Are you asking us if you have an idea?"
Storm asked seemingly confused as well making Valley roll his eyes before plopping down on the couch

     "She won't be talking to us anytime soon, we know that for sure, so why not just show her the scroll,  I mean sliding it under her door will definitely catch her attention. Probably she'll understand why we couldn't tell her."

      "That's a good idea but it's written in the ancient language, how is she supposed to understand anything written there."
I couldn't help but ask him.

   "That's where we'll be waiting River, when you don't understand something you go to the closest person who can. "

And that there is exactly where the gods did right in his life.

   "alright, River go ahead and slide it to her, let's hope she's curious enough to come to us."

   "Why me"
I grumbled earning roars of laughter from them.

We love our mate but when she gets upset we don't know how to deal with that, it's like she becomes a rolling ball of fire,  no one wants that catching up to them.

Finally here I am in her door, trying my best to find the right spot to do it.

      "If you keep standing there River I'm seriously going to loose my shit"
I heard my ball of trouble in my mind.

     "before you shut me out baby please listen to me and try to read what I just slid in through the door,   we didn't mean to hide anything from you so please let us explain when you are ready."

I was about turning away when she swinged her door open and almost toppled over me but I caught her right on time.

She looked up at me and before I could comprehend what she was about to do, she placed her hand on my ear and started pulling me down the stairs.

In all my existence, never has anyone done anything even closely related to this, and as shocked as I was I couldn't bring myself to be mad at her rather I enjoyed the way she seemed to think she was strong enough to actually drag me all the way down.

     "I'm not even gonna ask what you said wrong to put you in that situation you've got going on there"
Storm said through the link as soon as we came in sight with them.

   "Why do I have my name on a scroll asking me to challenge Albino for MY right as queen by your side."
If this were in a different situation I'd be laughing my heart out, how did Alvida's name go from that to Albino.

I guess it was something she always did whenever she didn't like a person, she straight up forgets your name and instead of asking she simply calls you whatever sounded closest to it.

    "We are really sorry about all of this little one, we'd gotten the scroll of challen-"

    " Wait, how do you know it's what's written in the scroll? "
Valley interrupted Storm's apology speech earning a glare from Our little spit fire.

But it was a good question, she wasn't supposed to understand the writings considering they were written in the old languages.

   We looked at her in hopes of an explanation but instead she seemed more confused than the rest of us
" Was I not supposed to understand?"
The timid part of our Arabella finally resurfaced.

     "It's okay Princess, it's good that you actually understood, that's a plus for us. "
Valley reassured her.

     "Fighting this Vanilla person, does it mean I don't have to share you with anyone else?"
She asked still seeming timid and quiet.

    "You were never going to share us with anyone Bela, but to answer your questions, the challenge is a way for you to prove that you are worthy to be Queen and rule along side us,  please believe that we did everything we could to stop this but we couldn't,  but we promise you that we will never let anyone hurt you and wether or not you win you are sitting on the damn throne with us as queen"

I reassured her, rubbing her back since she unconsciously sat on my laps.

    "No, I'm accepting this challenge if it means that I show our people that I'm worthy of their love and support, they deserve it and you boys deserve it, I'm not going to sit beside you without earning my place by your side."

Storm was probably about to tell her she already earned her place there but she was quick to raise her hand signifying she had made her decision and the conversation was over.

Then she turned to me and kissed my ears before standing up and stretching her hands which I gladly took.

She had led me back to her room and sat me on her bed before she sat beside me and began massaging the ear she had pulled earlier.

     "I'm sorry babe, I just got so mad that you guys were keeping stuff from me, did I hurt you?"
It was moments like this that I cherished most when it came to this woman.

     "Bela, I've been through worse,  and besides I feel like sometimes you forget we are immortal and heal faster than the snap of a finger."
I tried to lighten the mood cause I didn't want her to continue feeling like she hurt me.

Thankfully she understood that I was fine so she kissed my ear again before whispering the words I thought I'd wait forever to hear from her. "I love you my Sunshine, don't ever forget that"

I'd let out the biggest smile in the world before I pulled her to the bed and began peppering kisses all over her face, to her neck and the valley of her breast earning a moan from her.

     "I Love You Too Bela"
And true to my words, I'd spent that night showing her true loving in every style and position we could have possibly imagined.  And I'd slept with her tucked tightly in my arms, knowing that whatever  happened from here on out, she was ours to love, to protect and to respect till the end of time.

**************************
Heyy Sweeties   .....
Please 👇👇👇👇
******
Comment ✍️✍️
Vote ⭐⭐
And stay beautiful or handsome...
That's all you gotta do for me