Chapter 22: Final floor, final confrontation

Start from the beginning

"That's... Watch out!!"

Shion suddenly pushed me out of the way then a truck ran across in front of me.

"What the..."

.

I couldn't process what happened after that. She was still alive but her legs no longer could move again.

"What the hell have you done?? You should have been the one to be like this!!"

"You are this family's disappointment!! From now on, don't you dare calling me your mother!!!"

Many yellings like that... But I ignored all of that. In my mind, everything was only a single question: Why did she save me? I kept asking myself but I couldn't find any answers at the end when they all moved out, leaving me alone in the old house.

.

"That's all, a stupid past right? At the end, I'm just an idiot who live a meaningless life."

I told her everything... Except the God's part.

"..."

"You asked me before the reason why I want to save everyone before right? That's for myself (both this world me and me). It's for my selfishness of wanting to have a meaningful life so I'm not like how they see me as."

"That's why... I'm supposed to be happy right? I'm doing something meaningfully but I can't feel that at all. So... Tell me, what's my reason to live... what is the meaning of my existence?

"I'm not good at this but... Your reason to live isn't something given to you or decided by someone else. You must grasp it by yourself. Maybe your effort in saving everyone here doesn't bring to you anything but..."

"You have done well. Just one more step and this killing game will be over."

"So... You should be proud of this achievement."

Achievement... My first meaningful achievement. That's right, it's gonna be over soon, it's gonna be over soon...

"In this school, I'm sure that you must have made some good memories with many people. You brought happiness to the others, that has proved your existence, it's not meaningless."

Tears have fallen down before I even realize. I remember back all of the experience I have had in this school, I have experienced fun, laughter, angry, scared,... For once, I exist again since that...

"That's why you can rest right now."

I can rest... Slowly, I close my eyes after a long time... I have the most peaceful sleep I have ever had.

.

I open my eyes, I'm surrounded by a black space. This is... But there is no memory this time.

"I have finally reached you."

A small light appears in front of me.

"You are..."

"It's me..."

"You can still communicate with me? I thought..."

"Not for so long, I'm using the last bit of energy to reach you."

"...I see."

"I'm going to disappear soon. So before that, I need to talk to you the final time."

"The final time..."

"I'm not God or something else so I'm not the one to decide your life... But if you want a reason to live then don't just sit there opening your mouth like a baby bird!!"