Chapter 11: A talk about books

1st person POV:
I just said that but who should I hang out with? Nah let's just go with my guts.

I open the E-handbook to see everyone's location... What??? Hifumi, Toko are both in the library?? What a strange duo? Or it is because... It seems that I know where to go now.

When I get to the library... as expected they are arguing with each other. Are they continuing with the stupid topic earlier? I thought I ended this.

"What are you two arguing about now?" I ask

"Oh, Onigawara-dono!" Hifumi turns to me

"..." Toko stops and keeps silent

I sigh. Let's start I guess

[TALKING TIME]
[Start]

Shin: So is it about your argument earlier?

Hifumi: Actually... it's not like that...

Shin:(Huh? Did I misunderstand?) Then what is it?

Toko: I just want to k-know more about what the p-pig over there write.

Hifumi: Hey!! That's rude!

Shin:(...Whattt???? Am I hearing right?)

Hifumi: Well, Onigawara-dono. After hearing your scolding earlier, Fukawa-dono here suddenly want me to teach her about fanfics.

Shin: Why are you guys arguing anyways?

Toko: He just keeps saying something a-about Pickle P-princess or something.

Hifumi: That's Demon Angel☆Pretty Pudgy Princess!!! Not Pickle Princess!!!!

Toko: W-whatever, you are just c-copying from that manga for y-your work.

Hifumi: I'm not copying it!!! And that's an anime!!!

Shin:(...What am I witnessing? I should interrupt right now.) Actually, Fukawa-san, that's wrong.

Toko: H-huh? W-what do you mean?

Shin: He just write a fanfiction based on that anime. But I'm sure he doesn't just copy it.

Hifumi: Exactly!! I didn't simply copy the "pretty girl" Princess Piggles style. I took a total meta sci-fi approach!
My perspective was seen as quite odd, of course, but if you really look at what I was doing... my version of Princess Piggles was the total antithesis of the new-wave sci-fi movement. In fact, it was my response to J.G. Ballard's speculative fiction stylings!

Toko: T-then what exactly *is* f-fanfic anyways?

Hifumi: Oof! Super direct question FTW! Also I just explained it!!

Shin: In short, fanfics are what people create to fulfill their desire on a story. They can make themself appear in the story or add a character they created for the story. They can change the story to a different approach and many other stuffs like Yamada-san here.

Hifumi: Yeah!! So don't underestimate fanfics!!! They are all beautiful works of the holy warriors!!

Shin:(...Holy warriors? That sounds so... I don't know what to say anymore.) So I think fanfics should be respected like original works too.