𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲

ابدأ من البداية

She's such a sweetheart, and she always welcomes me with open arms.

Peter told me that before he met me, May's cooking wasn't the best but she has clearly improved a lot since the food was delicious.

"Wow, May really did a good job with this food." I say as he nods in agreement.

As I'm eating I notice that my fingers begin to turn a bit golden.

Oh no, not again!

I try my best to hide it but after a couple of seconds, the glow disappears. I stare at my fingers for a bit until I just let it go and put my focus back on the food.

"Listen...I actually brought you here because I was kinda hoping if maybe you'd like to go out with me? Like on an official date? You don't have to if you don't want to!" Peter says, almost as if he was expecting rejection.

"Pete, of course I'll go out with you!" I say as he smiles. "A-Alright then, how about tomorrow at five?" He asks with a slight blush on his face.

"It's a date." I say as we just smile and look at each other for a while.

Once we finished our food, Peter pulled out a small radio so that we could listen to some music.

"What stations are good?" He asks, going through some but they all were just static.

Suddenly my hands begin to glow again.

I wasn't sure what to do but suddenly a small golden orb leaves from my fingers. Although it was small, it was still pretty visible.

It made its way to the radio until it made contact. When it did, the static from the radio immediately goes away and a song that I didn't recognize began to play.

I look down at my hands and see that the glow had disappeared.

Why did an orb float to the radio? What is this power?

The song continued to play and once I heard a voice begin to sing, my heart dropped.

It was him. I could recognize that voice in a crowd full of people.

It was Luke.

Silent days, mysteries and mistakes
Who'd be the first to break?

Gues- like- way-

The radio began to cut off. "No, no, no, no, no! Don't let it cut off!" I tell Peter as I frantically run to the radio. "C'mon hands! Glow!" I slap my hands and out of the corner of my eye, I can see Peter giving me a confused look.

H-he- she- conver-

It was getting worse, and I was just trying to focus on making my hands glow again but had no luck.

"Maia, what's wrong? Are you okay? Why are you slapping your hands?" Peter asks as the radio shuts down completely.

"No! No, no, no, no, no! It can't shut down! Not right now! Please, please! Please turn on!" I begin to shake the radio and tears start to form in my eyes.

I realized that this was the first time I had heard Luke sing since the day before the Orpheum.

We sang a duet together.

FLASHBACK
December 21st, 1995

Soft music was playing in the background as Emily scribbled random drawings in her notebook.