Ch.9 Make Sure he's Happy

Naruto and Shikamaru had planned for the children to have a play date together even though there twelve.

Exept the one.

The couple would be there too. The two wanted their children to interact and spend time with each other, since there family in a way. So they papered for the day, snacks, few movies and board games. That was good right? 

Naruto panicked trying to make everything perfect. He really wanted to have everyone get along and it be a good experience. Shikamaru was more laid back about it. Their kids have already met each other and they get along well from what he hears. This would be fine, they don't need to panic as much as Naruto.

Shikamaru watched as Naruto rushed around checking everything for the 57th time. They were waiting for Temari and Hinata to come over and drop the kids off.

They both agreed and thought it was a good idea to have this "play date". Temari and Hinata would stay but that probably wouldn't be the best just yet.

'I wonder when they'll get here, we did say twelve but they might be a bit late. We should just go wait patiently....' Naruto kept on rushing around at such effortlessly fast pace, it really makes you remember how strong he really is.

Somehow it didn't feel real, especially when he thinks about what happened that night. But even though Shikamaru's admiration of his strength was great, he was still getting annoyed of him rushing around every five minutes.

As soon as Naruto came by him again he grabbed him by the waist and pulled him back sitting on his lap. Naruto finally stoped thinking about the impending doom. "Wait patiently for them. They will be here any moment and everything will be fine,"

Naruto sighed and turned around on his lap hugging him. "Are you sure?" He asked.
"I'm sure. So don't fret over it."

Naruto finally calmed down and indulged in his warmth. And for some reason Naruto liked the way he could be selfish like this. Always letting Shikamaru hold him, kiss his forehead and pamper him. It was something he was yet to experience, even with Jiraiya or Hinata. Although it still takes time to get used to because it feels like he's not doing enough in return or he's being too weak. It was all new to him.

"Did we come at the wrong time?" They heard a feminine voice say. They both looked over to see Temari standing there with Shikadai standing behind her sighing at his dads public displays of affection. Naruto quickly got off Shikamaru and fixed himself up.

"No! No, not at all!" He said as Shikamaru sighed; he wanted to hug him more. Naruto hit his shoulder and continued smiling. "Glad you could make it."

Temari chuckled. "You guys seem to get everything ready."  
"Yeah, but Naruto did most of the work. He wouldn't stop talking about it." Shikamaru looked behind her to see his son. "Hey Shikadai." 
"Hey."

Naruto wanted to greet him too without it being awkward.

"Hey Shikadai, the rest should be here soon." Shikadai gave him a smile and nodded going to sit down on the couch. Naruto could tell he was being nice to him. He looked exactly like his father and acted like him too.

"I'll go get something to drink." Naruto said dashing off to the kitchen. Shikamaru sighed and went to go talk with Temari.

"Baby don't take to long." He called out to Naruto. Temari smirked and raised her eyebrow.
"Baby huh." She said teasingly. He rolled his eyes and put his hands in his pockets.

"Aren't couples supposed to have nicknames or pet names for each other." He said sarcastically.
"I don't remember us having a nickname."

Shikamaru smirked leaning closer to her ear. "Really? Cause I remember this one time wer-," Before he could continue Temari went red and hit his head with her bag to shut him up.