𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐀

Start from the beginning

I go up to walk back to the guys and tell the girl, "Can you give me just one second?" She tries to shove her cross towards me but I back up. "J-Just...give me a second. Thank you."

We all huddle up, and based on the looks of the two guys next to me, they were just as confused.

"Guys, what is going on? How did she get her stuff in here so fast?" I ask looking at them hoping they have an answer.

"Maybe...maybe, she's a witch. There's chairs floating on the ceiling." Reggie says as we both look up. "Ok, there is no such thing as witches." Alex says. "You sure? Cause I used to think there was no such thing as ghosts." I look back at Alex with a "he's got a point look." He does the same and says, "that's fair."

"Ok, so we're going with...witch?" I ask, looking back at Reggie for confirmation. Alex hits me on the back and says, "No! We are not going with witch. She's not a witch. Ok...look, she's just scared. Ok? Let someone...with a softer touch...handle this." He touches his heart and walks towards the girl who was just watching us go back and forth.

Reggie and I step to the side to let Alex talk to the girl.

"WHY ARE YOU IN OUR STUDIO?" He says with a not-so soft touch. Frustrated, the girl shoves the cross into Alex's chest and it goes right through him.

She takes it out and looks at the cross and at Alex in disbelief.

"Oh my gosh. How did you do that?!"

She clearly wasn't understand what was going on and Alex was thinking the same thing.

"Clearly, you're not understanding...she doesn't get it. Ok, look. We're ghosts, alright? We're just three ghosts, and we're really happy to be home. So, thank you for the flowers. They really brighten up the room."

Alex joins us again and I take this as an opportunity to finally introduce ourselves.

"We're actually in a band called Sunset Curve." Reggie chimes in to say his classic line, "Tell your friends!" And I continue to explain the situation.

"Last night was supposed to be a really big night for us. It was gonna change our lives" Alex takes this opportunity to say, "I'm uh...I'm pretty sure it did."

"This is freaking me out." The girl says as she takes something out from her pocket. She puts down her cross for a second but then immediately lifts it back up.

"What is that? What are you doing?" I ask her. "It's my phone. No! Stop talking to them. They aren't real. There's no such thing as cute ghosts."

Flattered, Reggie says, "Oh, you think we're cute?" He smirks and the girl just goes back on her phone.

Alex smiles and says "who you callin?"

"I'm googling Sunset Swerve." She says. Ouch. "Sunset Curve" we all say in unison as Reggie makes a curve with his fingers.

"Woah. There is a Sunset Curve. You did die. But not last night."

Not last night? How long has it been?

"Twenty-five years ago?" She says.

What? No, no, no. That has to be wrong.

"What? No. No, no, no. Th-th-that's impossible. After we floated out of the ambulance, all we did was go to that weird dark room where Alex cried." Reggie says, clearly in denial.

In a high pitched voice, Alex says, "Well...I don't think. I think we were all pretty upset. Ok."

"But that was just for like an hour. We just showed up here." I say to her.