~Dance Tour Part 1~

Start from the beginning

-11 AM- 

I wake up with my head resting on Luka's shoulder, his head on mine while he listens to music. I intertwine our fingers and fall back asleep. 

-3 PM- 

We make it to our first layover. They said we aren't expected to take off until 3:30, so me and Luka go get something to eat real quick and a coffee. By the looks of it, we aren't going to land in Maine until 1 AM at the earliest. Luckily I already have our hotels booked in every tour destination for when we are due to be there. They were understanding of us coming in to check-in at ungodly hours since we are planning on coming straight from the flight itself. 

-4 PM- 

We are half and hour into our second plane ride when Luka and I realize, there is no sleeping for us until probably next layover. I bring out my laptop and we browse through Netflix to find a few movies or maybe even a new show to watch. 

-9 PM-

We just landed for our next layover, which again isn't due to take off for another half hour, so we decide to grab some hot chocolate, since it's a little late for coffee if we want to sleep on the next flight. 

-11 PM-

We are an hour and a half into our last flight and Luka fell asleep in the middle of the episode of 'The Hook Up Plan' so I pause the episode and shift my gaze out of the tiny window. I can't see much with it being so late, but it brings a sense of serenity being up here with the clouds and the stars passing me by. I am filled wil and overwhelming calmness as I too fall asleep. 

-1 AM-

We wake up to turbulence as we're landing. Luka holds my hand tightly, knowing how scared turbulence makes me. It was odd, I am just now realizing the last two flights either had no turbulence or it was very minor that I barely even noticed. As it comes to an end we rush to get our bags and get off that plane. While we wait for our other, bigger bag at baggage claim I text our family group chat to let them know we landed. 

Honestly, I'm shocked they all stayed up to make sure we landed okay, although it is like them to worry themselves through the night

Honestly, I'm shocked they all stayed up to make sure we landed okay, although it is like them to worry themselves through the night. I finally see our bag coming down the conveyor and Luka grabs it off. We set off outside and much to our dismay, they don't exactly run a cab service at 1 in the morning. We asked an airline assistant if they have a thing called Uber, which is very popular in France, luckily they said it was popular in the U.S. too. 

We open the app and get an Uber on its way to the airport. It would be here shortly. so we stood there, taking everything in. The peaceful buzz of cars passing by in the distance, the air blowing my hair ever so gently over my face. I close my eyes to feel the wind's serenity take over me. I feel a hand place itself ever so gently on my face as my eyes flutter open to be met by Luka's blue ones, as he tucks some of my hair behind my ear. This, this is a moment I could gladly be encapsulated in forever.