~The Dynamic Duet~

(y/n)'s POV

I woke up around 9 a.m. and the day went by kind of sluggish, I wrote a few new lyrics but other than that I was hoping deep down Luka would text me, I cannot be home right now, plus he always plays these sweet melodies that make my heart ache just a little less. Before I know it, my phone buzzes and I check my screen as it lights up to see my best friend did text me, I happily opened the message. 

After we texted for a little while and he told me he was on his way I decided I should probably get ready for the day

After we texted for a little while and he told me he was on his way I decided I should probably get ready for the day.  I decided on a pink sweater, a white skirt, and my all white converse. 

I wasn't sure if i'd be staying the night yet, so I ended up not packing any extra clothes, need be I can just raid Luka's closet again

I wasn't sure if i'd be staying the night yet, so I ended up not packing any extra clothes, need be I can just raid Luka's closet again. I really hoped Anarka would let me stay tonight, even though she always lets me stay, and never asks questions, thankfully. Before I know it my phone lights up with the caller ID "~My Baguette~", immediately I answer. 

"Yes dear?" I jokingly answer.

"Honey I'm home, come down the damn stairs." He mustered out through his suppressed laughter. 

"Okay dearest, one moment please" I respond.

"Don't make me wait too long sweetheart." he laughs and ends the calls as I grab my song lyrics and guitar, if I need the piano I can just use the keyboard at the boat. 

I ran down the stairs and as per usual he engulfed me in a hug, making my heart flutter, running into his arms always makes things seem a little brighter. He handed me my helmet, honestly I still can't believe he got a custom made helmet just for me. I got on the back of his bike and wrapped my arms around his torso tightly while I rode side saddle. He revved his motorcycle and we sped off towards the house boat, we used to walk but he got his new bike and let's face it, a 7 minute motorcycle ride is shorter and cooler than a 20 minute walk. As he sped up I held on tighter which made him chuckle, soon we arrived at the houseboat. As soon as we got there I saw Marinette and her group hanging with Jules waiting for us, I get off the bike and Luka tells me to get on his back, so I do and he runs onto the boat and around the deck with me on his back. In a fit of laughter I can still feel Marinette's glare burning into my skull. I guess there are still a few hard feelings since I last spoke to her. 

After a minute or two Luka sets me down on the deck and I grab his hand. "Before any practicing and performing, I need your help on a melody, lets goooooooo" I tell my weirdo best friend while dragging him to his cabin. As we enter I feel an even greater sense of familiarity than the rest of the boat, I open to the page I had been writing on and showed Luka the lyrics.

"I know how I want to sing it, but no idea how to start the melody." I told him. 

"Hmmm, I have an idea, go grab the keyboard, I will play guitar." I nod happily and go get the keyboard and set it on its stand. Before we know it we finish the song. 

"Okay let's get to practicing." Luka says as he smiles brightly at me. 

"Yeah, but can we not perform this one just yet? The meaning behind it is still a bit, new." I ask.

"Of course, no pressure, but hey can we do that one song you wrote, the one that Jules really liked even though it wasn't really her normal music taste?" Luka responded.

"Oh yeah, 'before you go'?" I ask.

(Disclaimer: I do not own these MLB characters, and I do not own some of the songs I put in this story, the song I am about to link is called "Before you go" By: Lewis Capaldi, I just found a boy/girl dueted version.)

"Yeah, that one, that we turned into a duet." He agrees.

~out on the deck~

"Where are they?" Marinette asked angrily.

"Relax girl, they're just working on music." Alya said growing concerned for her best friend. 

"We're back, and we are starting practice with 'before you go'" I stated.

"Oh, I love that one." Jules and Rose said together, afterwards looking at each other and giggling. 

We set up the stage and everyone who isn't in the band (this includes Rose since I am taking her spot as singer) either sits and waits to watch, or is recording to put up on our website and socials. 

"You guys ready?" I asked, looked at my band mates and finishing setting up the keyboard.

"Always" They all stated one by one.

(They begin playing)

Me and Luka began singing, and everyone in the audience went silent, not many of them outside of the people in the band had heard me sing, and Luka rarely ever sings. We looked at each other when he cut in after my part and started walking towards each other, while Jules took my place on the keyboard. Everyone felt the energy and we both sang together, it was immense, earth moving even, the power you felt, the connection we made, the two hearts that fluttered when our eyes met. Everything seemed so clear at the end of the song, as we both stared into each others eyes, wishing the moment never ended. When suddenly,

"AND CUT!" Marinette yelled after she stopped recording.

I jumped and began to lose my balance, Luka noticed and stepped forward to grab me and make sure I was steady again before releasing me from his grip. Marinette knew it was wrong of her to be upset, she knows y/n only called her out because she was using Luka as her backup if Adrien didn't work out. She was still bitter seeing him happy with someone that wasn't her.

"Thanks Romeo." I snicker at him jokingly.

"Anytime Juliet." He retorts sweetly.

You feel your heart flutter, you need a distraction before you begin to blush. 

"Not to bad for our first practice as a band guys." I smile.

"Wait, does that mean you're joining the band for real?" Jules asked.

"Yes, it does." I respond.

She comes up to hug me but before she can Luka picks me up and spins me around while I laugh at his goofiness.

"All my pleading and begging paid off!" He joked.

"I guess it did Baguette."

Suddenly Marinette stormed off the boat, with Adrien and Alya close behind to make sure she's okay.