~A New Competition?~

Author's note: first off, thank you guys so much, over 100 reads? It may not seem like much to some of you, but this is a huge milestone for me. So thank you all so much!

~y/n's POV~

I woke up to Luka stirring, I grab my phone an check the time, 8:37 am, I see a text from Jules, odd, why wouldn't she just come in and tell me. 

I look on the news app I have on my phone and see the article she is talking about, she's right, this competition would be perfect for us

I look on the news app I have on my phone and see the article she is talking about, she's right, this competition would be perfect for us. I call her quickly, knowing I won't spell right when im this excited. 

"Hey y/-" Jules begins.

"You were so right, I'm gonna talk to Lu about it and get his opinion. Thank you!" I say drawing out the you at the end.

"You're welcome, I gotta go, I'm about to be at the bakery to help Marinette with something." Jules responds.

"No worries, have fun, bye Jules." I reply.

"Bye y/n." She says before I hear the tone signaling she hung up.

I felt something move on me and look to see Luka is now awake.

"Babe!" I say loudly.

"Yes Princess?" He asks.

"Well for starters, good morning blueberry, and second, Jules found a dance competition and thinks we should enter and I totally agree, so what do you say?" I say quickly, but Luka understands after knowing me for so long he can basically understand everything I say.

"Good morning sweetheart, and sure, let's do it." He says. I blush at the new nickname.

"Wait, where is Jules?" He asks.

"Helping Mari with something." I say.

"Oh okay, so what should we do?" He asks.

"Well duh, enter this contest, make some pre-workout, and get to practicing." I say.

"Oh well of course." He says with a chuckle. 

We both get dressed for our dance practice. I went a little extra today out of excitement. I picked out a sparkly black bikini style top, with a loose grey sparkly vest, a denim paperboy hat, sparkly black pants with one leg bundled up to my mid-thigh, and some basic white sneakers with good traction. 

Luka decided on some grey joggers, and a lace cropped tee, that showed off

Luka decided on some grey joggers, and a lace cropped tee, that showed off... everything.

"You go make the pre-workout, I can sign us up

"You go make the pre-workout, I can sign us up." I say.

"You got it boss." He says with a salute before walking out.

I go to the page, it is a fairly basic sign up sheet. They just want our names, addresses, and birthdays, since the competition is for ages 16-18. I finish it quickly, and put dancing shoes, and a few spare pairs of clothes for each of us in our duffel bags, before going out to stuff a few water bottles in our bags as well. After that I got over a mental checklist and decide to bring a phone charger and my wallet just in case. 

"Pre-workout is done." Luka says while handing me mine. We gulp them down quickly. Before heading out, we decided to walk so that way if our legs got a cramp on the way back we wouldn't end up in a motorcycle crash. 

When we arrived we immediately got to work, we agreed to record all our dances so if we find a winner we don't forget it. We had been wanting to feel out a few new songs, so we got to it immediately, starting with 'señorita' by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello.

(Ignore when the back-up dancers come in) We loved what we came up with, but it was our first dance of the day, so we went to the next song. Next up was a dance to 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran.

(Only the first duet) The dance went well, but we don't know if the choreography would win us the competition, maybe more emotion, and let lovey dovey. Next we went for a song that would bring out emotion, 'Natural' by Imagine Dragons. 

(I am leaving out the video because it will be there performance and I don't want to spoil it.)This one we thought would for sure be our endgame dance, but regardless we still choose to do one more song, one of our new songs, called 'Unconditionally' (This song is by Katy Perry IRL)

(This one is left out because of future use as well, you wont have to wait too long, don't worry :P)

This choreography was amazing too but we think it would be better in a music video rather than a competition. We decide to take a break, considering we have been practicing for a few hours. I look at the news and see a video about the competition and wave Luka over to watch it with me.

"As of this morning y/n l/n and Luka Couffaine from their youtube channel on dance, and two members of the band Kitty Section are signed up to compete. Good luck to everyone who has to verse them tomorrow!" The anchor says, we both spit out our water.

"We are that popular?" I ask.

Them the realization hits me as Luka stares at me dumbfounded.

"Wait, did he say the competition is tomorrow!?" I yell.

"You are just getting that!" He responds.

We immediately get to work on watching through the videos to see which song and choreo to go with. We land on the choreo to 'Natural' by Imagine Dragons. We practice for hours until we cannot dance anymore, we nailed the choreography, considering we made it up to begin with. We ended after 6 run through's with no mistakes, not even the tiniest detail went without absolute accuracy. We call it a day and head home.

Anarka made us dinner and wished us luck for tomorrow, we crashed early, after showering of course, but we were both too tired to completely change and just crashed in our undergarments.