20 | she's the one who can tear these walls

hey guys 💃💃🤸🤸 i missed you !

anyways we reached 20 chapters in this book so tysm to those who continued to stick around with me!

also i updated the synopsis of the first part (intro) of the book slightly, hopefully to try to make more sense of whatever tf is going on

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

She held her heart open
with outstretched arms
as she took in the new world,
slowly losing conscious of the past
world she had left.
Yet she stops,
standing still between two worlds,
afraid to step from one into the other,
and scared to leave the other one behind.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

It's hard: being strong. Wheein knew that despite all of the circumstances she has found herself to be in, she still had to be strong. But it was so hard, especially when life goes too fast to catch up with, and that she continually gets shoved to the bottom with no hope of catching up. Throughout the many attempts to convince herself that everything was just a dream, and that she would wake up, and her parents would be there: reunited and caring. Her father would be there: a loving father like she had always expected, who didn't take off with money and leaving Wheein and her mother in the dust to care on their own. Her mother would be there: happy like she had used to be, surrounded by paintbrushes and all of the colours of the rainbow that Wheein loved to stick her hand into and play with. And importantly, alive.

It's hard to replace those you've lost, Wheein realises.

There's a chance of rebuilding a new 'family'. People may come and suddenly mean the entire world, but people may also go. It's just the way how life works, yet why is it so incredibly hard to accept that?

She wonders how in the world she somehow got someone like Hyejin to suddenly like walk into her life. Hyejin𑁋as fragile as her, from a different background𑁋meant more than just the world to her. Wheein wonders how her heart decided to finally open for Hyejin, or how her eyes sought new ways to look at the girl than any other person. It could've been anyone that her heart could possibly open up to, and it chose Hyejin. And she wonders why Hyejin decided to stay with her and just return that kiss back at the river, which sealed them together.

Stop overthinking!

Hyejin had been staying with her for nearly the past week, assuring Wheein along with Hyoyeon that she needed a mental break. And in the gentlest gestures, Wheein's feelings became warmer to Hyejin's presence. As the many times they've been close before, Hyejin would be asking permission now. It wasn't the same presence as before the two of them became more intimate with each other; it became more safe, and Wheein loved that. She could only hope that Hyejin had felt the same when around her.

People sometimes can't realise their true feelings through the eyes of themselves, but through the eyes of another person. Her observant eyes could see Hyejin's inner beauty, even though Hyejin had a hard time accepting herself after all she's been through. And Hyejin could somehow see beyond the quiet bubble of Wheein, who had been isolated for too long and had become too scared to venture out. It wasn't a sort of phenomena, or a superpower that's given. It was just merely the connection𑁋the idea that someone out there cares more than others, someone out there notices more than others. And one person is enough. Enough for Wheein, and enough for Hyejin. It was enough for the two of them.