Chapter 29

"Marinette. I have something for you."

Marinette looked up at Chat as he reached for something in his pocket. She looked at the box sitting on his palm. It was the strangest looking box she had ever seen with markings in red all over it. It was a simple wooden hexagon-shaped box but she felt strangely captivated by it.

"For my Lucky Charm." Said Chat handing the box to Marinette.

Marinette took it with both hands and held it in front of her as she examined the intricate details. She turned the box around looking at all the different inscriptions on it that she didn't seem to understand. She looked up at Chat who was looking at her expectantly and decided to open the box and find out what was inside of it.

Marinette gently lifted the lid and gazed at the beautiful pair of earrings sitting inside the box. She gasped as a sudden red light appeared in front of her. Marinette threw her hand in front of her trying to shield herself from the light. She slowly opened her eyes to find something floating in front of her.

"Ahh! Help! It's a giant bug! A... A mouse! A... A bug-mouse!"

Marinette tried to scramble away from the small strange floating thing in front of her but she was leaning against the balcony railing and there was nowhere to go. She stared at the box sitting on her palm and focused on the giant bug in front of her.

"Everything's okay! Don't be scared!"

"Ahh! Bug mouse talks! Chat! ARE YOU SEEING THIS?!!"

Chat Noir chuckled under his breath and put on a serious face when he saw Marinette glaring at him. Queen Bee was taking photos muttering something along the lines of 'First times are always the best!! Blackmail folder: Marinette... Heheheee....'.

"Listen, Marinette. I know everything may seem a bit strange to you... But Master Fu chose you for a reason."

"What are you, and how do you know my name?" Asked Marinette glaring at Chat who tried to cover up his laughter as coughs.

"Right." He said before dropping his hand from his mouth.

"I am a kwami, and my name is Tikki. Now just let me explain."

Marinette reached for Chat's hand and held it close to her chest while he shifted to sit by her side.

"It's okay..." He whispered in her ear.

Marinette felt herself instantly calm down and she nodded asking Tikki to continue.

"When Chat Noir got his Miraculous-the Miraculous of Destruction, he had been tasked to find an owner for the Miraculous of Creation. The earrings that you are holding right now are the jewels of Creation. But every time the Miraculous was given to a person we thought was worthy enough to possess such power, the Miraculous rejected. I have been dormant for more than fifteen years now and never have I ever felt such power.

You, Marinette are the true wielder of the Miraculous of Creation. The earrings of the Ladybug and the ring of the black cat are opposing forces. Two opposing forces that very much are attracted to each other. One cannot exist without the other. They are the yin and the yang just like you two. You complete each other much like how the power of creation balances the power of destruction to keep everything in harmony.

These two Miraculous are the most powerful jewels in existence and with them comes great responsibility. I know this is a lot to take in but I'm sure you'll become the hero you were meant to be."

"You... Think I can be like Chat Noir? Brave like him? Proud like Queen Bee? Humble like Rena Rouge and supportive like Carapace?" Asked Marinette bringing the Miraculous closer to her.