Chapter 27

Marinette opened her eyes and looked straight into Chat Noir's green eyes. She quickly closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep.

"Wakey, Wakey. Princess." Chuckled Chat Noir.

"Nooo. I'm sleeping!" Mumbled Marinette bringing the cat boy closer to her.

"As much as I would like to cuddle with you, we've got work to do."

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Asked Marinette rubbing her dead on Chat's chest.

"Like eating Rena's absolutely delicious pancakes drowned in maple syrup and topped with berries an-"

"I'm up!" Shouted Marinette jumping from the bed and heading downstairs.

Chat Noir chuckled and followed Marinette downstairs where she was already seated at the table, inhaling the pancakes. She was so absorbed in its texture and taste that she didn't even realise that Chat had taken a seat beside her.

"Now I'm starting to get jealous of those pancakes." Laughed Chat.

"Uh-huh." Said Marinette looking up at Chat and going back to eating her breakfast.

"Wow. She really does have an appetite." Giggled Rena Rouge placing another stack of pancakes on the table.

Marinette looked at her gratefully and filled her plate with a second serving. Chat watched Marinette eat. He noticed how her eyes sparkled every time she bit into the fluffy pancakes. Chat enjoyed watching her eat more than he enjoyed his own breakfast.

"You know? You look creepy when you look at her like that. Reminds me of a stalker or a... Pervert? I don't know. No offence, though." Giggled Queen Bee whispering into Chat's ear.

Chat's mouth was already full of his breakfast and he had a macaroon in his hand ready to be swallowed. But after hearing Queen Bee's words, Chat stared straight ahead, pondering over what she had said.

"Hey!" Shouted Chat clearly taking offence in those words.

Marinette looked up, her mouth filled with pancakes and her lips pouting. Chat simply smiled and scratched the back of his head while shooting daggers at Queen Bee.

After breakfast, Marinette lay on the bed sprawled across the sheets with Chat Noir seated by the bed in his chair. Her hair was let loose and was spread out across the pillows under her. She stared at the canopy of the bed and trailed her eyes along the white netting that spilled over the bed onto the floor.

"The netting does not suit you at all." Giggled Marinette referring to Chat's black suit.

"I'm offended, M'lady. You might not know it but I have quite the purrfect purrsonality. So innocent and purrre." Chuckled Chat with his famous spell-binding smirk on show.

"Oh my god..." Sighed Marinette rolling her eyes.

"Well, I think that my purrsonality that is so catastic has affected you too, my Purrrincess."

"Stahp!" Groaned Marinette.

"I can't stop, Purrrincess." Chuckled Chat.

"You and your stupid way of flirting." Laughed Marinette.

"Oh? And you think you can do better?" Asked Chat smirking at Marinette.

Marinette sat up on her bed and smirked at Chat making him have second thoughts about the situation he had gotten himself into.

"Well. Wouldn't you like to know? Let me tell you that I have dated many guys who absolutely fell for my flirting skills. Are you sure you wanna know what I have in store for you?" Marinette asked inching closer to Chat and smiling innocently at him.