Chapter 6 - School dilemma

Start from the beginning

"...Ahh. During the actual run, when a Spirit appears, we will have you hide this miniature intercom in your ear, and you deal with the problems by following our instructions. We would like to treat this training as the real thing, and practice with it once."

"So, what do I need to do?" Shidou asked.

"...For the moment, go seduce teacher Okamine Tamae." Reine said, rubbing her eyes a bit. Whereuponー

"Huh?!" Raising his eyebrows, Shidou yelled.

"Ooh~ damn, Shidou... okay. First it's Reine now it's Okamine Tamae. You dog. Teacher hunter. Sexual predator who likes putting his face in breasts of teachers!"

Syouji commented with a teasing tone and upon this, Shidou turned to him and yelled.

"No! There's so many things wrong with what you said!" Shidou clutched his head in frustration for a moment, before continuing, "How could you say something like that with a straight face?"

"Is there a problem?" As if enjoying Shidou's reaction, Kotori said while grinning as Syouji and Kotori proceeded to chuckle between themselves,

"Of course...! There's no way I could...!" Shidou said that, whereas Kotori Shrugged and pointed out something important.

"You'll have to face much harder opponents during the real thing you know?"

"ーTh-Thats, true, but...!" Shidou replied, and Reine scratched her head, voicing her opinion on the matter.

"...I think she is suitable as your first opponent. Most likely, even if you confess she will not accept, and it doesn't seem like she would go around spreading the news either. ...well, if you're against it no matter what then it would be fine to change it to a female student..."

"Yeah I think that makes sense, go get 'em Shi-bro"

Syouji said this, but on the inside he thought that there's no way he could do that. Anyway, would it really be better if he asked the students? There's no way that could end welll.

"Uuuu..."

A scene appeared in his mind. The female student Shidou called out to returned to the classroom and gathered her female friends together.

"Hey hey, Itsuka Shidou-kun just like, confessed to me~?"

"Ehh~, seriously~? Even though he shows a face like he's not interested in girls, that's pretty bold of him."

"But there's no way for him~"

"Yeah, no way. Like, he seems super gloomy~"

"Ah~, you said it~, ahahahaha."

Regarding that, if it was Tamae, then there seemed to be no chance for that scene to occur. No matter how young she appears to be, she is a grown-up female. She'll probably ignore it as a students joke.

Worst case scenario, is she rejects the offer. Although, on the other hand, what if she somehow agrees? It could only end horribly.

"So, what will you do? In the real thing, failure is equivalent to death, so no matter which you pick we were planning on only giving you one chance." Kotori said, snapping her fingers, as if saying "hurry up"

"...The teacher please." Shidou said this with a sigh and upon that,

"I guess i'll take the student, then." Syouji said this and nodded at Kotori.

"Alright neat."

"...Great."

With a small nod, Reine took out a small device from the desk's drawer, and handed it to them.