Yesterday was a reminder of that. 

I felt a little better after talking with Amelia. I know she can't offer me the advice that I probably need, which would be from someone who's been in my position, but she's still my favorite person to talk to and she gave me a sense of comfort that I didn't know I was craving. 

Sometimes I forget how lost I am until Amelia steers me back on course. 

Today I feel a little more put together, thankfully. I woke up in a better mood and dragged Amelia into the shower with me so we could get ready to go over my dad's house, although the shower was pretty pointless since it mainly just consisted of needy touches and wandering hands. We didn't get much cleansing done but neither of us cared. At least I didn't leave hickeys all over her like I did when she first met my mum. 

I'm a bit nervous to introduce Amelia to my dad if I'm being honest. I'm not sure why because it's not like I don't have a decent relationship with him. We're not that close, but we get along and I still consider him my dad. I also think he'll like Amelia so there's really no real reason for me to be feeling this way. 

Maybe it's just general nerves of introducing Amelia to another part of my life.

"Is Gemma coming?" Amelia asks me as I drive to my dad's house. 

He doesn't live that far away, although he's not exactly a short distance away either. Recently, he moved to Cambridge, which is a little more than an hour and a half away from my house in London. He used to reside in Leeds, which wasn't terribly far from Holmes Chapel, but I'm glad he made the move to Cambridge because Leeds was a bitch to travel to from London. 

I nod my head and squeeze Amelia's thigh, my hand having been put there about twenty minutes ago. 

"She is," I say. I glance at the built in clock on my dashboard. "She should be there already. I think Michal is coming, too, but later, probably around six or seven." 

Amelia places a hand over mine. 

"I'm excited to see them," she says. "Nervous to meet your dad, though..." 

I smile as I make a left onto Dad's street. 

"Don't be nervous, babe. He'll love you," I tell her. 

Amelia huffs. 

"You say that every time I tell you I'm nervous about meeting someone you know..." she grumbles, causing me to smile and bite my lip. 

"I know," I respond. "But it's true. You're just so fucking lovable."

Amelia sighs but doesn't respond. For a second I think she's annoyed or doesn't believe me but when I look over at her, I see her smiling as she looks out the window with a cute blush on her cheeks. 

I drive for about another two minutes before I finally pull into Dad's driveway, behind Gemma's car. After putting the car in park, I look over at Amelia and find her gaze still fixated out the window. 

"Ready, love?" I ask her. 

She turns towards me, a nervous expression on her face. 

"I think so," she says. 

Leaning in, Amelia meeting me halfway, I press a chaste kiss to her lips. 

"I love you," I tell her. "And don't worry, baby, okay? I know this trip hasn't exactly been relaxing and what we initially planned for, but try to just...let go tonight, okay? Dad's a fun guy, I promise, and I have a feeling you two are going to get along really well." 

Amelia smiles and then pecks the corner of my mouth. 

"Okay. I love you, too," she whispers, a hint of exhaustion evident in her tone. I have a feeling she wants to say more but she opts not to at the moment. I make a mental note to try and wrangle whatever's on her mind out of her later, but for right now the two of us kiss again before exiting the vehicle.