19: Wok Star

💖_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_💖

DISCLAIMERS: I DO NOT own Victorious all credit goes to Nickelodeon.
💖_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_💖

"Hey. What's up." Egan asks walking up then jumps onto her brother's back. "Jade's mad." "Uh-oh. Is it about the play?" Egan asks, still on her brother's back. "Yeah. She skipped her last two classes. I need to find her." "Well did you check the janitor's closet?" Egan tilts her head. Robbie runs up. "We found Jade. She's in the Janitor's Closet." "Told you." Egans says in a sing song voice. "Now walk." She orders. Beck and Robbie walk to the closest, Egan on Beck's back. "Hey. Whatcha doing?" Beck asks after opening the door. Egan jumps down. "Coffee." She sets a cup infront of Jade. "Cutting up a big trash can." Jade replies not looking up. "You cut up the Janitor's entire trash can?" Robbie asks. "He's got another one." Tori walks in. "Jade, listen, I read your play, and I think it's really good." Tori says trying to be nice. "I'm not your friend." Jade replies, taking a sip of the coffee. "Anyway, if the school won't let me do my play, then who cares if it's good?" "Why don't you just produce your play yourself?" Cat asks. "You know how much money that would cost?" "No." Andre walks up behind Cat. "Did she cut up that whole trash can with just a pair of scissors?" "How much do you think it would really cost to produce your play?" Tori asks. Jade sighs. "I don't know. Two, three grand." "Ok. Well then it shouldn't be that hard to find someone to put up the money." Jade gets up and points her scissors at Tori. "You'd really find me someone to put up the money to produce my play?" "I meant that--" "Hey! Did she not say," Jade turns around quickly with her scissors out making everyone back up. "It shouldn't be that hard to find someone to put up the money?" Jade mocks Tori. "So you'll do that, right?" "Sure." Tori replies scared. Jade closes the scissors. "Good." She grabs Egans hand, walks past Tori and leaves.

"Beck hun can you come in here?" Mrs. Oliver yells outside. Beck who was sitting infront of his RV gets up and walks to the house. "What's up?" Egan was behind Mrs. Oliver trying to get food from the kitchen. "Your girlfriend is cheating on you...With your sister." Mrs. Oliver informs. "No...No, she's not. I'm not even gay." Egan panicks. "What are you talking about?" Beck asks his mom, with a half smirk. "They've become rather close. Don't you think?" Beck shakes his head. "Nah. Everything seems pretty normal to me. They've always been close." Egan leaves the room and goes back upstairs quickly, to where Jade was waiting. Egan throws herself on her bed and sighs. "Shi--" She starts to say but gets cut off by Jade straddling and holding her wrists above her head, while kissing her neck. "Jade..." Jade hums in response, face hidden between Egan's neck and shoulder. "My mom told Beck you're cheating on him...with me." Jade pulls back and looks at Egan. "He knew already." Egan sighs. "We shouldn't be doing this." Jade groans and gets off of Egan. "Doing what exactly?" "This." She motions between them and sighs. "Whatever this is and what happened at school today. It's not right." "Egan, Beck knows and is fine with it! So really how bad is this?" Egan blushes. "What do you mean he already knew?"

A little while later Beck and Jade are sitting on the couch, with Egan in the floor. It was quiet until..."Oh, my God! Ah!" Egan jumps up squealing. "What?" They look at Egan. "Tori's got the money for your play!"

"Well, I've got a lot of work to do here." I gotta ask Sinjin if he'll help me with set dressing. Maybe Robbie could do the lighting if I ask--" Jade walks around.

"Hello! Look, it's Tori Vega with the beautiful cheekbones." A lady in bright green opens the door. "Jade, this is Mrs. Lee from Wok Star." Tori introduces. "Oh, it's really cool to meet you." "Is this our play write?" Mrs. Lee asks. "That's her." Egan says. "I'm Jade. This is my boyfriend Beck and this is his little sister Egan. Probably my best friend." Jade introduces everyone. "I am the boyfriend." Beck says. "Best friend here." Egan hugs Jade. "And listen, I can't even, like tell you how amazing it is that you're paying for all of this." "Ah, don't even mention that. I'm just happy you get to do your play." "Well, thanks. I can't wait for you to read it." "I already did." "I gave her a copy last night." Tori informs. Mrs. Lee nods. "I read it in the bathtub." "Oh, did you like it?" Jade asks. "Loved it." "Really?" "Yeah, I only have a few notes." Egan frowns. "What do you mean, notes?" Jade asks. "You know, ideas to make the play better? Spice it up a little bit." "Uh, you want to change my play?" "Wow, I gotta go to uh..." Beck turns around and leaves. "What changes do you want to make to my play?" "Well, like, what if, when the girl falls down into the well, she sings a song on the way down?" "It's not a musical. Who sings when they're plunging to the bottom of a well?" Jade shuts the idea down. "Batman." "I don't think batman sings." Tori interjects. "Look I'm just trying to help. Don't get your underpants in a twist." "I'll twist your underpants if you--" Jade says threateningly walking closer to Mrs. Lee but gets stopped by Tori. "Ok. I think we can all work this out and keep our underpants untwisted." She laughs nervously. "I don't need anyone's ideas." Jade tried to be polite. "Well, you need my money, so you have to listen to my suggestions." Mrs. Lee argues. "No, I don't." "Do too." "Lady--" "Jade!" Tori hisses. "I don't see you smacking my money." Mrs Lee bites back. Tori drags Jade away to talk.

"Are you insane?" Tori hisses. "No, she is." "She is paying for your whole play." Tori tries to reason. "I don't need her input." "Too bad! That's how show business works." "It seems wrong." "Oh, it is." "Jadey." Egan walks up behind Tori. "Babe, calm down. It's all gonna to be just fine." Egan whispers to Jade, hands on her shoulders. "Now do you want that lady's money or not?" Jade looks over Egan's shoulder to Mrs. Lee. "Yeah." She replies. "Good. Now play nice." Tori says making Egan roll her eyes.

"What's Trina doing?" Robbie asks, making everyone look. "I'm putting avocado on my face to give it a natural glow." She replies with attitude. Robbie turns around and says. "I use male makeup." Beck looks at Robbie strange. "You know, maybe you shouldn't tell so many people that." "Wait. Jades Dad's only coming to the play on opening night, right. So then why don't we just do it the way Jade wrote it for that one night?" Cat suggests. "Cause Mrs. Lee is going to be there, and wants it done her way." Tori shoots down Cat's idea. "But what if she's not there." Tori looked confused, Robbie wasn't paying attention, Andre looked shocked, and Beck looked proud. "I think Cat just said something pretty smart." Egan glares at Andre. "That's implying she isn't smart." "I'm sorry." Cat says. "No, do not say you're sorry. Andre should be the one to apologize." "No, it's good. How do we keep Mrs. Lee from going to the play on opening night?" Tori asks. Cat gasps. "Ah Bingo!" Everyone looks at her. "You gotta plan?" Beck asks. "No, I don't like this game and wanna play Bingo." "Mrs. Lee is totally obsessed with famous celebrities. If a celebrity walked into her restaurant right before the play started..." They turn around and look at Trina. "Or a fake celebrity." Tori replies.

"Hey." Egan and Tori walk up to Jade. "What-What?!" "Will you calm down?" Egan asks. "Sorry, I'm just freaking a little." Tori sighs. "There is nothing to worry about. "You guys. I was getting into costume and I dropped my bra in the toilet." Cat comes up behind them. "Nothing to worry about." Jade mocks Tori. "I don't talk like that." "Come on Kit-Cat I'll help you." Egan grabs Cats hand. "It'll be okay, Jade. We can fix this."

"There should be another somewhere...ah here it is." Egan hands it to Cat, who hugs her. "Thanks Egan!" "Now go get ready."

The play.
"How could this have happened? My grandmother always said that if I was a good person that only good things would happen to me."
Backstage.
"Do you think your Dad likes it?" Tori asks. "It's hard to tell. I've never seen him like anything before."
The play.
"I've done good my whole life. And now I'm trapped down in this well, and I'll probably never get out." Cat starts to sob.

The play.
There are two paramedics trying to bring Ariel back. "Come on, Ariel, breathe. Breathe!"
Backstage.
"Mrs. Lee just left the restaurant." Tori informs. "She's too late." Jade smirks.
The play.
"It's too late." Ariel's Dad comes up. "How is she?" He asks worried. "She's gone." One of the paramedics say. Ariel's Dad leans down and kisses her forehead. Like magic she comes back to life. "Dad?" The curtains close and Egan squeals and kisses Jade infront of Tori. "I'm gonna get Daisy down."

"Dad." "Jade." Egan looks between the two. "Just say whether you liked it or not!" Jade's Dad looks at Egan. "Friend of yours?" "You could say that. So, my play?" He looks down. "I thought it was excellent. "Thanks. Anything else?" "Would you please take that jewelry out of your face?" "No." "Bye." "Bye." Tori comes up after Jade's Dad leaves. "Well. Did you get what you wanted?" "Mm-hmm. I've never seen him look that happy before." "Come on give Tori a squeeze." Jade hugs Tori. "Three. Two. One." Egan counts, making Tori pull away from Jade. "Oh! I miss it? Ah, dang, I miss it!" Mrs. Lee kicks a chair."You can see it tomorrow night and watch your daughter fly and sing again."

💖_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_💖

Word Count: 1735