5: Beck's Big Break

Beck notices Tori and Andre. "Hey. Sit." "I don't want them sitting here." Jade complains. "You know, it's great that you're so open with your bitterness." Tori says. "Yea well move." Egan comes up behind Tori. "You're in my seat." Egan you could sit over here, you don't have to sit by Jade." Egan glares at her brother. "Is it just me or does little Oliver look a lot like Jade right now?" Andre questions. "You better move Tori." Tori moves to the other side of Andre, so Egan can sit down. She puts her head on Jade's shoulder. "Aww is that a smile I see?" Tori teases Jade, making her glare. "Ooh script pages?" Tori is soon distracted by Beck. "Ah, not for you." Beck takes the script back. Egan pouting starts playing with Jade's hand. "What's wrong Babygirl?" Jade whispers to Egan. Egan shrugs. "You aditioning for a play?" Tori asks."Sort of. It's a movie." Beck puts the script down. "That's so great. What movie?" Tori asks surprised. "I'm taking your pickle." Jade announces. "So, a movie?" "It's called 'Miss Fire.' It's about this women cop, who gets fired and then goes on this crazy rampage." Beck explains. "That's so cool who plays the women cop?" Tori asks. "Melinda Murray." "Shut up!" Andre says. "You're going to be staring in a movie with Melinda Murray?" "Well, I'll be playing waiter number one, and I only have two lines. That's if I get the part." Jade looks at Beck with a proud look on her face. "Where's the script? I want to read it!" Tori says excited. "Well, you don't get the whole script unless you get the part. They only give you a few pages to audition with." Egan groans. "What's wrong E?" Beck asks. Egan shakes her head. Jade feels Egan's forehead. "Oh, my God you're burning up." "I don't feel to good." "I'm driving her home." Jade gets up with Egan leaning on her.

"Now, as we've clearly demonstrated, dialogue can impact a scene in many different ways, depending upon-- Dear Gandhi, I'm boring myself. Beck tell us all about the movie." Everyone looks at Beck expectedly. "Okay. Well, my call time was--" Skiowitz moves Beck to the stage. "My call time was this morny at 5 A.M." "Oh! That's early!" Car shouts excited. "Yeah. Well, they did my hair and makeup, and then the costume designer cane into my dressing room and--" Jade interrupts. "Wait. The costume designer was in your dressing room?" "Uh-huh." Beck nods. "Was she cute?" Jade asks. "He was adorable." Beck confirms. Jade smiles. "Did you meet Melinda Murray?" Andre asks. "No, not yet." "I bet she's been stung by a bee." Andre says bitterly. "I wouldn't know. But you can ask her yourself. The assistant director told me they need extras for a couple of scenes. So if any of you guys wanna do it..." Everyone starts talking at once. "All right everybody read chapter seven for tomorrow. And study robots." Sikowitz yells.

"Hey." Jade knocks on the open door. Egan perks up. "Hey." She says in a scratchy voice. "How you feeling?" "Better my throat is just sore from coughing, mom took me to the doctor. They said I could go back to school tomorrow." "That's good to hear. Beck and I brought you soup." "Aw thanks!" Beck helps Egan sit up right and Jade gives her the food. "How did the filming go?" "Yea, about that." Beck scratches his neck. "Tori got him fired because she couldn't keep her mouth shut." "Oh no! I'm sorry Beck." "It's alright."

The next day.

"Hi Beck." Tori walks up. Beck turns around. "Tori Vega." "That's me." "Are you sure you're not Crystal Waters?" Egan smirks. "You got the call?" Tori say excited. "I'm back on the movie." Tori jumps and hugs Beck. "Yay!" Egan turns around and sees Jade. "One, two." Beck and Tori start to pull apart. "Don't let me get to three." Jade walks up and Tori and Beck are fully separated. "Better." Egan jumps onto Jade. "Wow aren't you a little spider monkey! Why so much energy?" Egan shrugs. "I missed you." "You saw me yesterday." Egan hops down. Once Tori walks away Egan says. "I know. We should go to the Beach." She looks at her brother and his girlfriend. Beck looks at Jade, who shrugs. "Yea let's do that."

💖_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_💖

Word Count: 740