10: Rex Dies

💖_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_💖

DISCLAIMERS: I DO NOT own Victorious all credit goes to Nickelodeon.
💖_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_💖

"Thank you, for auditioning. The two main roles will be played by Andre and Robbie!" "Did any of the rest of us get parts?" Cat asks Sikowitz. "Aw, is a certain little redhead hoping she got a role in teacher's play?" Cat giggles, nodding. "She is." "Well, she didn't. But I do need some help with the backstage crew. Jade, Cat, Egan I want you girls on lightning." "Lighting?" Jade asks annoyed. "Yes, you pronounced it perfectly. Tori I want you to work with Sinjin's team, on special effects." "Okay, but I know like nothing about special effects." "We'll teach you." Tori looks at Sinjin and his team. "Looking forward to it." She replies uncomfortable.

"Grady, take those sand bags up to the catwalk. Cat giggles. "I love that this call a catwalk. 'Cause my name is Cat, and look, I'm walking. Walking on the catwalk." "If someone was pushed off this catwalk and they landed, on the floor really hard, do you think they'd live?" Jade questions. "Why are you asking that?" Cat worries. "No, reason."
Cat runs away. "It has arrived." Beck announces. "What is it?" Egan asks from the catwalk. Beck puts his hand on the massive machine. "This is a turblow jet." "To create the tornado for the play." Andre explains. "Show them." "We'll start on medium." Beck turns the turblow jet on and it knocks Sinjin down. Egan gasps and covers her mouth. "Sorry Sinj!" Beck apologies. "It happens!" Sinjin gets up. "Wow, this things powerful." "Yup. And it doesn't just blow." Andre smirks. "You flick that little red guy into reverse..." "It sucks."

"Okay, everyone we have 20 minutes before our play begins, where is my coconut milk?" "You're drinking it." Egan tells Sikowitz. "So am I." He walks away. "Cat, don't turn on 21." "Don't what?" She asks Jade. "Turn on 21." "21 on." "No Cat!" Egan screams. Cat turns on 21 shocking Jade, she quickly turns it off. "Cat, you just shocked me!" "I'm sorry!" Cat cries, she covers her face. "Are you alright?" Egan asks Jade worried. "Yea, I'm fine." "All right, adolescents, let's do some quick checks! Cre, positions." Skiowitz orders. "Sunshine." Cat turns the lights on. "Love it! Chirping birds." Sinjin turns on the wrong sound effect. "No, not a cock fight. Peaceful birds." Sinjin then turns on the right one. "Thunderstorm." Egan turns the lights on and Sinjin does the sound. "Excellent. Lights up." Jade fixes them. "Next, um, Tori, let's see the tornado." "Full on?" She asks. "Full on. Blow me away." Sikowitz confirms, and makes a joke. "Just turn it on." "Here we go." Tori turns on the Turblow. "You're in reverse!" Egan yells. "Tori, turn it off!" Beck yells. "I know, I know, I know..." Rex gets sucked in and Tori screams. "Turn it off! Turn it off!" Sikowitz yells. Beck gets up quickly to turn it off. "Oh, my God." Tori looks wide eyed. That's when Robbie comes out. "This shirts a little big, but I think it looks pretty good." Beck awkwardly stands infront of the Turblow. Robbie turns around not seeing Rex. "Where's Rex?"

"Let me go! Let me go! Rex! What did you do to him Rex? Rex!" Beck and Tori try pulling Rex out while Jade, Cat, and Sikowitz hold Robbie back. "Calm down." "Don't look!" "Is he okay? Us Rex okay?" Robbie finally gets free. He screams. "No. No, no, no, no, no, nooo, nooo, nooo!" He takes Rex. "What did you do!?" He looks at Tori. "I-- just-- I just-- um." "Rex? Rex, can you hear me?" Robbie shakes Rex. "Oh. Oh. Is that you, Rob?" "Robbie's here. It's me. It's okay." "I'm-- I'm busted up pretty bad." "I've got to get him to the hospital." "You're starring in this play. The audience is outside waiting to come in. It's your job to entertain them no matter what."Sikowitz reasons. "Somebody's got to take Rex to the hospital." Egan comes up. "Robbie, we'll take him." She looks at Beck. "I'll drive." Beck says. "I'll go, too." Cat jumps in. "Okay, does anyone else think this is bizarre? C'mon, it can't just be me." Egan looks at Jade giving her a look. "Oh." Jade nods. "All right, all right, it's showtime." Andre comes out and notices everyone's faces. "What'd I miss?" "Tori tried to murder Rex." Sinjin informs. "Sinjin!" Tori glares at him. "Let me have him." "No." Robbie whimpers. "I'll hold him Robbie." Egan says. "We'll take him to the hospital." Cat reassures. "Okay." Robbie gives Egan Rex. "I got him." "Take care of him." Robbie a cries. "I promise." Egan quietly says. Robbie kisses Rex on the forehead. "Well, I'm not missing this." Jade walks out.

"Hey. Woah, woah, woah. Wait up." "What?" Tori asks Jade. "Where are you all going?" "To the hospital." Cat answers. "Cat..." "We're not ry going to a hospital. It's a puppet." Beck explains. "Not to Robbie." "You know what?" Jade asks. "Maybe we should take Rex to the hospital." "Why?" Tori asks. "So he can die there. It's not good for a 16-year-old guy to go through life with his hand shoved up a-- that. Maybe this happened for a reason." "But if Rex dies, Robbie's gonna--" "Get over it and become a normal person?" Yeah, that'd be tragic." "She's got a point." Beck agrees. Egan nods. "I mean I was just going to get him a new one...." "I used to think my uncle Jesse was a normal person, but then I found out that every Sunday, he soaks his feet in chicken fat." Everyone looks at Cat confused. "Let's take Rex to the hospital." Tori announces.

"But he's a puppet." The doctor says confused. "Yeah, yeah, we know he's a puppet." Beck replies. "Look, we just want you hook him up to one of those beepy machines and when our friend Robbie gets here, pretend he does." Tori explains. The doctor raises an eyebrow. "You want me to pretend this puppet dies?" "Is there any good reason why a grown man would soak his feet in chicken fat?" Cat asks. "Why don't you go make friends with the nice lady at the desk?" Jade suggests trying to get rid of Cat, who gasps. "Kay-kay." Beck turns to the doctor. "So will you do it?" "Look, I'm a doctor. This is a hospital. I can't justify pretending that a puppet--" "Come on doc." Beck groans. "Just do it." Jade argues annoyed. "Please." Tori begs. "Will you do something for me?" Tori looks at Jade and Egan. "What?" The doctor sighs. "I have a 16-year-old don. His name is Lendle. And he's, um, well, he's a loser. Would you go out on a date with him?" "Why don't we just get him a new one? I mean seriously that would be such a better idea. We could say they're keeping Rex overnight and order him a new one!" Tori ignores Egan. "How much of a loser?" She asks. He pulls out a picture. "Oh, my God." Tori replies surprised. Jade, Egan, and Beck look. "Look I--" "Let's just get him a new one!" They ignore Egan again. "Tori would love to go out with Lendle." Jade states. "Really?" The doctor asks. "One hour, and it has to be a dark restaurant." Tori agrees. "Done. Bring the puppet."

"Ooh, a flying puppet." "Yeah." Cat nods. "That's too bad. Uh, William, would you please take this young lady to our 'special room' in section D?" "Of course." William replies. "Cat!" Egan runs up to her. "Thank God! I've been looking all over for you!" Egan hugs Cat. "Hiiii, William and I are gonna go on an adventure!" Cat says animatedly.
"Uh-huh. Well we need to go. Jade's over there, go talk to her, I'll be right behind you." "Kay-kay!" Cat skips off. Egan turns around, having overheard the conversation, she looks at the lady. "My friend's not crazy, thank you very much." Egan leaves the way Cat went.

"So when this Robbie kid gets here--" Beck turns to the doctor. "You just say that Rex isn't doing well, let him say goodbye, and then beeeeeep. Dead Rex." "Why can't my son be handsome like you?" "Hey, what's this?" Jade picks up something in a jar. "Oh, this is just a fatty lump that I removed from a cab driver's back." The doctor looks at the lump. "Can I have it?" Jade asks. The doctor looks at them. "What school do you kids go to?" He hands it to Jade. "I have to go see another patient. I'll be back in 20 minutes." He leaves. "Why would you want--" "I'd like to look at it." Jade replies. "It's just a little weird. Who texted?" Beck asks Tori. "Andre. They have one more scene left in the play and then he's gonna bring Robbie here." She informs. "Good." Jade replies. "One hour from now, you dead " Jade mocks the puppet. Tori looks around. "Hey, where's Cat and Egan?" They come in. "I need to borrow my brother for a sec." Egan pulls him into the hall. "Hey, Beck can you drive us to Cat's house, they're trying to put her in the psych ward?" Egan whispers the last part. Beck glances past the curtains at Cat. "Yeah, sure." He nods. They walk back in. "I'll be back." Beck turns to Jade and Tori. "I'm taking Egan and Cat home." Jade looks at Egan, making her blush.

💖_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_💖

Word Count: 1608