18: Tori Gets Stuck

💖_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_💖

DISCLAIMERS: I DO NOT own Victorious all credit goes to Nickelodeon.
💖_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_💖

Egan sits down next to Jade, who pulls Egan's chair closer. The class was silent, until. "Let's...Discuss...Acting!" "What about acting?" Andre asks when Sikowitz doesn't say anything else. "Oh, yes! Any questions?" Everyone looks confused. "One time, my brother painted part of his body purple." Cat informs, randomly. "Well, why did your brother paint part of his body purple?" Robbie asks. "He had a job interview. He didn't get it." The bell rings. "Wait, wait, wait. Would anyone be interested in seeing the cast list for a little play called 'Steamboat Suzy'?" Sikowitz asks, pulling the list out. "I got the lead right?" Jade asks. "Pardon?" "I'm playing Suzy, right?" Jade asks, making Sikowitz run out of the classroom. Egan, who was standing next to Jade, picks up the paper Sikowitz dropped. Jade looks at it over Egan's shoulder. "Did you get the lead?" Cat asks, making Jade look at her and take the list from Egan, crumbling it into a ball and throwing it on the ground. Jade then kicks the nearest chair to the wall. Egan looks at Tori then to Jade worried. "I don't think she got it." Andre states the obvious. "So, who's playing Suzy?" Robbie asks, stupidly. Tori picks up the paper and looks. "Me." "Yeah, her, that-- She got the lead." Egan puts a hand on Jade's shoulder trying to make her calm down. "What part did you get?" Cat asks. "I got cheated and humiliated." "Jade." "You get used to it." Sinjin replies and Robbie agrees. "All right now, chill down. Let's see, it says right here Jade West, understudy for the role of Suzy." Andre looks. "Oh. Yoo-hoo. Like it's my dream to be Tori's understudy." "What's an understudy?" Tori asks. "Aw, man!" Jade throws something at the wall breaking it. "Um, an understudy is like a backup actor." "So if you were to get sick or something, your understudy takes over for your part in the play." Egan and Andre explain. "Yeah. Yeah, if you get sick, or go missing, or get hit by a bus!" Jade screams at Tori and leaves. "Uh--She can't drive a bus, right?" Tori asks worried. "I have to go make sure she doesn't do something she won't regret." Egan rushes after her.

The group minus Tori and Beck sit on the stairs. Jade standing next to Andre who is sitting next to Robbie and Cat. Egan is standing infront of them. "Mmm! I swear, I don't know why Granny Smith Apples get a bad rap. This is one of the best apples I've ever eaten." With that being said Jade takes Andre's apple and stomps on it. Andre looks at the now smashed apple then to Jade. "Looks like Granny Smith broke her hip." "Why'd you smush his apple?" Cat asks Jade. "Cause I felt like it." "Ah, she's still all mad, cause Tori got the lead in 'Steamboat Suzy' you want to talk about it, baby?" Robbie replies with Rex. This results in Egan grabbing Rex and throwing him across the room, making Robbie go get it. "Bye-bye puppet." Egan laughs. "Puppet is an offensive term!" Robbie yells. "Whatever." Egan roles her eyes. Speaking of the devil herself. "Hey, boys and squirrels." Jade grabs Egan wrist and they walk to the lockers. "Hey after school, do you guys want to go get some sushi?" Tori asks. "Not with you." Jade growls, texting on her phone. Egan leans on Jade and Tori's phone rings. "Hello? Yeah, this is Tori. You--wait, how did you get my number?" "Who is it?" Andre ask. "Some guy who works for Lady Gaga." Tori informs him while covering her speaker. "Hi, sorry. She is? Really?" What's he saying?" Cat asks excitedly. "They're doing a new music video next Friday, and they're looking for backup singers." "Wait, but aren't you doing 'Steamboat Suzy' next Friday?" Robbie asks. "Yeah. Look, I'm starring in a play that night--" "Oh, my God. You're going to turn down a job in a real music video just to be in a little school play here at school?" Jade interrupts Tori. "Well, I guess I could blow off the play." "Oh, yeah, and then Jade will get to play your part." Cat points out. "Yeah I..." Tori looks at Jade. "Yeah, she would, wouldn't she?" Tori looks at her phone and turns around. "Hello? Sir? Yeah, um, I was wondering," Tori pulls out a whistle and blows it into her phone speaker. That's when Sinjin shouts in pain. Tori goes around the corner and finds Sinjin trying to run away. Jade follows and stand behind Tori. "Jade made me do it. She promised me $30 and a complete makeover." Sinjin looks from Tori to Jade. "Well, you failed. So now you don't get $30, and you get to keep looking like that." Tori turns to Jade. "You made Sinjin try to trick me into missing the play so you could steal my part?" "Okay. I'm not just goinna stand here and listen to you accuse me of things I clearly did." Jade leaves.