Chapter 79 - Sentiment

Start from the beginning

"My stubborn woman," Loki says, grabbing hold of your chin and crashing his lips to yours for a moment before pulling away and gazing at you.

You reach out and grab the Tablet that you had dropped nearby. "Now," you say, looking back at Loki. "Let's go save your brother."

Side by side, you and Loki approach the mouth of the cave and peer inside. You gasp in horror as you see Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, and Hogun all on the ground, bloodied and beaten. Amora now holds Thor in her seidr, levitating him above the ground as she sends dark shockwaves through his body, causing him to contort and painful and unnatural ways. 

She sends another blast of dark magic through his body as he releases an ear-splitting howl of pain and your body tenses. You prepare to lunge for Amora but Loki pulls you back, taking the Tablet from your hands.

"Wait, darling, we need a plan of attack."

"I have a plan," you hiss. "Attack!"

"No, my love," Loki says, tightening his grip on your arm as Thor cries out once more, his body convulsing in the air as Amora smiles sadistically. "She uses dark magic. She's too powerful."

"Then what do we do?" you ask, panicked.

"My father was right," Loki says quietly. "The only way to fight magic, is with magic."

Your eyes grow in horror as you watch Loki's green seidr loose its color, fading to a sinister grey as he conjures two black orbs in his palms - the same dark magic flowing through Amora's hands. 

"No, Loki," you whisper urgently. "You can't. It's too dangerous. It'll kill you if you're not careful," you say. 

"I am undaunted, elskede," he answers. "There is no other way. This is our only chance. Wait for me to lead her away, then go save that witless oaf," Loki says, choking back a tearful laugh as he leans forward, and rubs his nose on yours.

"Loki please," you beg. "There has to be an alternative. You can't fight her alone. Not by these means," you say, gesturing to the black orbs.

"The end may justify these means, my Valkyrie. But only if there is something out there that justifies the end itself. That something is you. That something is our son. And I will give my life before I let her take that away again."

"No, Loki," you plead.

Loki slowly reaches forward and takes his lovelock between his fingers, lowering his lips and pressing a kiss to it before moving his lips to yours, leaving them lingering. After a moment, he breaks away only far enough to whisper.

"Forgive me, my promised one, for not keeping the only one that ever mattered."

Without warning, Loki tears from your grasp and steps into the cave, Tablet in hand. You desperately grasp at his robes, but they slide through your fingers as he lunges towards Amora.