Chapter4 - School or...

-      Wake up, love. – A familiar voice said in my ear.

-      Five more minutes. – I moaned and pulled the duvet over my head.

-      You have to get to school, dear. Get up. – The voice demanded.

-      Fine. – I mumbled and peaked under the duvet.

Two boys were staring at me, barely holding back their laughter, while an older woman woke me up. I got up to a sitting position and rubbed the sleep off my eyes as the memories of the previous day appeared in my misty mind.

The woman, Mrs. Listhrop, said:

-      Get ready for school, dear. Breakfast will be waiting for you at the table. When you’re done, Maz will take you to the school you will be attending.

Then she walked out of the room.

-      Great, school. – I mumbled and got out of bed.

-      Ey! Don’t complain. We’re the ones that have to come with you anyways. – Mazzi yelled as I walked out the door.

While I was walking into the bathroom, I heard Sam complaining about having to come along.

It took me a good half an hour before I had washed my teeth and face, taken a shower and combed my hair.

Afterwards I walked back to Maz’s room. Happily, I found it empty. I looked out the window. The weather didn’t seem too bad, so I decided I won’t be needing my warm coat. I got some randomly chosen underwear on, my black skinny jeans, a black tank top, a baggy denim shirt and my black knitted hat with a bobble top. I grabbed a single notebook, a pen and stuffed them in my leather bag, in which I already had put everything needed, like my camera, headphones, my journal. I grabbed the bag and my leather jacket and went out the door.

I found Maz and Sam on the table stuffing themselves. I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down. After two minutes Marius’ mum said that it was time to leave or we would be late, so we got up and headed out the door.

-      So how far away is the school? – I asked once we had walked for about five minutes.

-      Not too far from here, about five more minutes and we’re there. – Mazzi explained.

We walked another minute in silence, before Sam asked:

-      Why didn’t you have any breakfast?

-      I don’t like to eat in the mornings. – I smiled. – What will you, lads, do today?

-      Just chill back at the house. – Mazzi said.

-      Yeah, it’s gonna be a lazy day. – Sam added.

-      Cool, I’m jealous. – I said as Pepper stuck his tongue out at me.

-      We’re here. – Maz announced.

We were standing in front of a big old, kinda scary looking building really reminding me of those old mental hospitals they shoot horrors in.

-      Great. – I puffed.

-      Want us to come inside with you, introduce you to your teachers. – Sam teased.

-      Oh fuck off, Pepper! I’m not a child. – I laughed. – Well, byeee.

-      Good luck. – Sam teased again.