5. New York

Marinette's POV

"Stop being so annoying!" I was fuming at Adrien, the blonde boy who was finding every possible way to annoy me right now.

"Your the one that's being annoying. Just pick something to eat and stop being so difficult." He commented back, folding his arms together and taking a stance. We were sitting in a limo across from each other since I definitely did not want to sit next to him. Alya and Nino were watching the two of us squabble.

"I'm not the one that keeps pestering me to pick a place to eat. I already told you I don't care." I said back.

"Oh you know that you care, You're always the one to complain about the place that I choose. Your so high maintenance either it's 'too fancy' or 'too greasy'. Just pick already." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh your definitely one to talk Adrien! Every time we get something to eat you just get a salad and sometimes a side dish, always saying 'it's the model in me'. Do you know how dumb you sound?" I crossed my arms as well, getting heated.

"That pretty little mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble! And besides, you know I have to keep a strict diet!" He propped up.

"Your pretty little mouth of yours keeps spewing out nonsense!" I said back.

"That's not what my pretty little mouth when we first dated!" He commented back like he was slick, frustrating me even more then he already had.

"I can't with you! You know? I am so glad you ended things because now I see how much of a dick you are!" My hands went up in the air while my eyes spilled fury.

"Oh you used to love this dick so just shut it!"

"Wow okay, guys..." Alya budded in, finally deciding to say something. "I get that your finally getting to see each other again, but your fighting like a married couple. It's kinda amusing, but makes me worry."

"Alya we get it." We said together.

"Oh you two are not gonna talk to me that way..." Alya began to get up, while Nino was holding her back, whispering sweet nothings in her ear. I ignored both of them, turning my attention back towards Adrien again.

Both of our eyes were hard but calculated. We were both staring deeply into each other, making me realize just how green Adrien's eyes really were. The limo became quiet again, and my mind became a jumbled mess.

"Do you really think I'm high maintenance?" I asked, perking my head up to get an answer. I didn't like getting made fun of, it always triggered insecurities that I had. I would never want to be a burden to someone.

Thinking this made me realize how mean I was being, making me feel bad all over again. I brought my head down and began to fumble with my hands, feeling weak all over again. I hate how he was able to do this to me.

I felt the seat dip on my left, making me prop my head up. Adrien was suddenly right next to me, making me feel subconscious. His hand slithered around my waist, and his lips softly touched my ear. "Even if you were high maintenance, I would still love you." He softly kiss my cheek, pulling my face towards his chest. The warmth that was radiating of off him was so inviting, but I knew I had to restrain myself.

I mean we were just fighting just minutes ago.

"You have the tendency to spit nonsense when we argue." I could feel the smirk come off with his words, pissing me off all over again.

"Oh shut up, get away from me, go back over there." I pushed him as hard as I could, but his sculpted body didn't move.

"Oh you know you love it Princess." He got up.

"I would love it if you stayed away from me like I said." He shrugged his shoulders and sat back down across the limo, looking like a kid that had just gotten candy.

***

We decided to eat at a new but popular restaurant known for their delicious desserts. I always loved eating baked goods, they were my comfort food.
I noticed how people would stop and stare at us, then remembered that we had a famous model and social media star among the group.

It had been a good twenty minutes before we sat down and obtained food, instantly brightening my mood. I knew that I must of just been hangry earlier, but didn't want to say anything about it.

Alya, Nino, and Adrien were in a very deep conversation, while I was left to my own world, looking around the restaurant. I was glad that I was sitting on the outside of the booth, allowing me to do so.

When I spotted a very familiar mop of jet black hair with blue tips, my mood brightened even more. Next to him was a certain blonde that was hugging his shoulder, I identified her as Chloe, my very old friendemy.

I think that the two of them felt eyes on them, causing them to turn around and look directly at our table. Luka's face spread out into a handsome smile, while Chloe's face became grim.

I knew she would probably never like me like a friend. She only just deals with me since her and Luka have a thing. Luka began to walk over to our table, but not before bumping into a waitress. I immediately went into action as I lunged over to barely catch the falling girl, then helped her up.

She rewarded me with a large thank you and smile before going back to her duties, leaving me to the lovely couple in front of me.

"Hey Luka!" I said with glee, wanting to jump and give him a hug right here and now.

"Hey Marinette, I see your eating with your-." Luka was cut off.

"Fiancé." I heard Adrien's voice come in as a hand slithered across the back of my waist. Luka looked taken back, looking around for something until I saw his hands land on my ring finger. I had forgotten that I put on the ring sometime before I got ready to even come to New York.

"I see, when did this happen? I haven't seen it on any social Media..." he then continued, "Especially just a few months after your breakup with Kagami." His eyes snakes up to Adrien, and I felt Adrien's hand tighten around my waist.

"How are you and Chloe doing? You've been dating for years but I still haven't seen a ring on her finger." Adrien taunted Luka, and it was obvious that something was going down between them. I knew that Luka did not really like Adrien that much, Ailey because of the way he just left me without an explanation for the reason he broke up with me.

"Our Buisness does not concern you Adrikins!" Chloe butt in, walking over to Adrien and giving him a big hug. I felt a hint of fury as she touched Adrien, but I didn't really know why. I glanced back up to Luka who just seemed to be deciphering the whole situation.

"So what are you here for Marinette? I'm guessing Adrien brought you over here with him, considering your engaged." His eyes darkened a bit as he said the last part.

"I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you. I was dealing with so many things at once that I didn't even really have time to talk to Alya. And you know how I always tell Alya and you basically everything and-."

"You're rambling Marinette." Luka chuckled, patting my head and heading towards our table. "Alya texted me and told me that you guys were eating here, she wanted us to come and hangout with you guys." He quickly grabbed Chloe's hand and brought her away from Adrien and towards his side. He seemed a bit possessive towards her.

Adrien rolled his eyes and started his way back over to me, practically dragging me back to the table. This conversation was going to be real interesting.