oO Chapter 28 Oo

"Oh shit..." I trailed off, freezing in place. Right in front of me, a couple of meters away, stood the Beast titan. Luckily, it didn't seem to have noticed us yet. "Armin, get out of here, right now." I said evenly, trying very hard to keep the panic out of my voice.

"What-" Armin cut himself off, shaking his head. "Is that...the Beast titan?"

"Oh no..." Taara breathed, visibly tightening her grip on Armin.

"Armin, go." I said, a little more forceful this time. I didn't mean to be harsh, but I had to get them away from here, right now. 

"I can't just leave you here with that thing!" Armin whisper-shouted, trying to be quiet so the Beast titan wouldn't hear us.

"I appreciate the concern, but I'll be fine, Armin." I whisper-shouted back. "Now go!"

"But-"

"Listen to me, we can't both go at once! It'll be sure to notice us then. Our best bet is for one of us to go, and the other to stay here, and buy some time. I promise, I won't try kill it. I'll just distract it, and the moment you're clear of here, I'll get away too."

Armin looked uneasy for a moment, before glancing down at Taara, and sighing. He looked back up at me with new resolve in his eyes and nodded. "Alright. Once I get Taara to safety, I'll get help. Just stall as long as you can until then. I'll go as fast as I can. Please don't die."

"Wouldn't dream of it." I smiled shakily. Look, there isn't much that can really shake me at this point, besides ducks, which are horrible, evil, bloodthirsty creatures, but the Beast titan? Nightmare fuel. Even the abnormal titans don't get to me as much as this one does.

Taara looked at me worriedly, biting her lip. "If you die, I promise, I will murder you."

"Wonderful logic there, sister dearest." I murmured, once again smiling. "Now go, before that monkey bitch notices us."

Armin glanced at me one last time before taking off towards HQ in the distance. Inevitably, his gear made a loud hissing noise, attracting the very much unwanted attention of the Beast titan.

"Oh fuck..." I muttered, drawing my blades and stepping back in a defensive stance. The oversized ape lumbered over, a sinister smile tugging on his lips.

"STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled, trying very hard to keep the panic out of my voice. "I WON'T HESITATE, MONKEY BITCH!"

"Monkey...bitch?" The titan questioned. I thought his voice was creepy enough hearing it in the anime, but hearing it in real life was a thousand times worse. "That's quite rude, isn't it?"

"Does this look like a face that cares?" I deadpanned, attempting to keep up a calm facade. Hopefully, my chill with this entire situation would throw him off enough to let me get away. "You breached our walls. That's quite rude too, isn't it?"

The Beast titan chuckled deeply. "I suppose you have a point. Aren't you shocked that I can speak? I'm fairly sure you haven't seen anything like me before?"

I gave him a once over and looked up at him, unimpressed. "Hardly the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Anyway, would you mind exiting the Walls, and leaving us the fuck alone forever?"

"I'm afraid I can't do that." The Beast titan said. "If you don't mind me asking, what is that thing around your waist? I've never seen a device like that before."

"Wouldn't you like to know, monkey bitch." I sassed. "Now, leave before I decide it's time to use these." I said, holding up my blades.

"I see you won't cooperate." The Beast titan sighed. "That's a shame. You were quite entertaining."