CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Začít od začátku

Shutting her locker, Venus turns to make her way to the library when something catches her attention. Across the hall from her, stood a girl. Venus couldn't really tell what was happening but it looked like she was having a panic attack but before she could make her way over, her whole body locks up and that feeling from last night returns.

The books loudly fall from her arms, she places her hand on the lockers next to her to steady herself as her breathing becomes heavy too. From the other end of the hallway, Stiles was making his way out of the locker rooms when he spots her struggling. Immediately making his way over, Stiles grabs her books, wrapping his arms around her and leading her into an empty classroom.

"Hey." he speaks gently, grasping her face in his hands. "You're okay, I'm here. Vee, you're okay and I need you to breathe okay?"

Venus takes a big gulp, holding on tightly to Stiles arms. He talks her through imitating his breathing pattern, it takes them a couple minutes but she finally calms down, her body collapsing into him.

"I don't know what's happening to me." she whimpers, still feeling the pain from her episode. "Something's not right, Stiles. I can feel it."

Her boyfriend only hold her tighter, pursing his lips as he combs his fingers through her hair. "We'll figure it out, we always do. Let's get you to the library."

They did just that, Stiles walked her all the way to the library, making sure their friends were already inside before informing her there was something he needed to do. Venus was sat on the other side of Scott, their biology books placed between them. Across from her sat Kira with Isaac and Malia next to each other going through her math book.

The group had been successful in their studying so far but were eventually interrupted by someone making their way loudly into the library. To no surprise, it was none other than Stiles rushing over to their table, waving a piece of paper.

"You found something?" Scott asks when the boy slams down the paper on top of Venus' notebook, his body hovering over her shoulder.

"Another signature." Stiles explains. "This is Theos dads signature on a speeding ticket from eight years ago and this is his dads signature on a transfer form to Beacon Hills High School from just a few days ago."

Kiras eyebrows furrows as she looks up at the spastic teen. "How'd you get his transfer form?"

"Stiles, please tell me you didn't break into the administration office." Venus sighs, holding onto his arm as she looks up at him.

"No, I did not break into the administration office." his friends only look at him in disbelief, Venus pursing her lips as to say they knew he did. "Okay, I might have broken into the administration office. Can we just focus on the signatures, please? They're different."

"They're sort of different." Malia shrugs, trying to ease the boy.

Stiles scoffs. "They're completely different! Look, the garlands don't even match, the undulations of the sinuous stroke, totally off. Look at this, perfect example of the criminal tremor."

"No one knows what you're talking about." Isaac deadpans, earning himself a glare from Venus. "There's no difference, Stilinski, you're just paranoid."

"So, Theo is Theo but his parents aren't his parents?" Kira asks, trying to make sense of the boys findings.

"Someone's not someone, and when I figure out who that someone really is, someone's in big trouble."

"But no ones done anything wrong." Scott speaks warily, not wanting to upset his best friend.

"Yet!" Stiles argues. "If Theos parents are both psychotic killers, then obviously, we shouldn't trust him, right?"

"My parents are Peter and the Desert Wolf." Malia speaks nonchalantly, causing a strange tension to surround the table.

"Okay, fine. I'll just figure it out myself, alright? I don't need you, or you, or you." he points at Scott then to Kira and Malia. "I especially don't need you." he points to Isaac before finally turning to Venus. "You, I need you. Just not right now."

Stiles grabs the papers and storms out of the library without another word. The friends share quick glances, silently debating whether or not they should go after him until eventually Venus lets out a sigh and begins shoving her things into her bag. Making her way out of the library, she spots Stiles heading towards the parking lot with Liam in tow.

"Stiles, wait!" she yells, pushing herself into a jog to catch up with them. "Where are you going?"

"To find out what's up with this kid." her boyfriend replies, unlocking his jeep. "You don't have to come, Vee."

"I'm not saying that you're wrong, Stiles." she speaks carefully, Liam watching them warily from the front of the jeep. "But maybe this is going too far?"

Venus didn't miss the flash of hurt that last through his expression, however it was gone as soon as it appeared. "So much for being with me no matter what."

"Stiles that's not what I meant, you know tha-"

"It's fine, Vee. I'll call you later."

He presses a firm kiss to her forehead before both boys get in the jeep, Liam giving a pitiful expression as Stiles ignites the engine and drives off; leaving the brunette standing alone in the parking lot.