二十一 [21]

Quality time; dinner

In the vast of Wuxia Peak, Wang ZhenXian immediately laid down all the scrolls on the ground while unraveling the discussions written on the long sheets.

The Universal Scrolls took up fifty meters long that he doesn't know where to start. But due to his magnanimous determination, he started to read the characters on the scrolls.

When he was almost in the near end, he gets his guqin and started playing the visualizing the tone. What he played is one of the tranquility songs. The dreamy tone resonates throughout the Wuxia Peak and the birds that are lazily nesting in the plum blossom branches sleep from the tone of the music being played.

Tranquility song is a guqin technique performed for calming one's mind. Throughout, Zhuàngguān Continent it is the strategy that is typically enacted by a martial artist to slowly get the heart to serenity and over time heal the broken soul.

It is the basic tone but only a few knows it.

When he feels like he already put the discussions in mind he went to the next scrolls and begins reading it starting from the very beginning. This time it is a music of attack.

The tones are almost the same as the tranquility song but only a few notes are being modified. A wrong pluck on the guqin and it would turn to be a series of attacks on the soul.

Wang ZhenXian is innately expert on musical instruments, as result he learned the tones and the fingerings like a piece of cake.

The sun is already set when he finished his assigned tasks and he felt hungry. He, therefore, remembers that starting the other day he only drunk wine, and eat peas. Those that are stacked to him were already eaten.

In a flash, he went to the kitchen of his bamboo hut. He has the urge to eat so he needs to cook. Speaking of eating, he remembers Yan Jiangquing. For the last few days he has never seen his Shizun eating and he doesn't know if his Shizun is eating or not. He never sees him eating in Wuxia Peak.

There is nothing wrong with it as Yan Jiangquing usually eats with his brother, Yan LanJin, and only went to Wuxia Peak when he has already eaten. So Wang ZhenXian has never seen him eats and thinks his Shizun never eats.

He thought the other is practicing inedia.

Wang ZhenXian looks at his kitchen and only found sticky rice in his sight. As he was already familiar with how the ancient times cook food. He now knows what to do, for the first time! And tried to copy what he saw to the cooks on the Yan Sect.

He instantly took out a small clay pot and start the fire. Clean the rice and add some water, his recipe is porridge!

Never in his wildest dreams that he would only be eating porridge almost all the time.

When the rice is almost cooked a series of footsteps could be heard from the outside. The sounds of the footsteps are so audible as if it is willfully done to notify someone inside the bamboo hut.

Wang ZhenXian then concluded that it must be his Shizun who is back from his classified works.

A moment later, when the porridge is cooked. He immediately took out the pot on the fire and get a bowl so he could start to eat. He doesn't mind his Shizun anymore or he felt like he would collapse from hunger.

"ZhenXian..." A gentle voice sounded. Wang ZhenXian who hungrily took out a spoon full of porridge suddenly burned his tongue, startled from the sudden call.

He eventually got up and put the bowl on the small bamboo table and run to the door: "Shizun you are back!" He joyfully beams while opening the door meeting the phoenix eyes of the other.